10 things you’ll only understand if you live in Diss
PUBLISHED: 08:00 30 March 2018 | UPDATED: 09:20 02 April 2018
Here’s a look at some of the things you’ll only know if you live in Diss or grew up in the town...
• You’re used to people asking “where?” whenever you tell them you live in Diss. People outside of Norfolk have absolutely no idea where you’re from.
• You’ve lost track of the amount of time you’ve spent queuing outside the chip cart on a Friday lunch time. It’s always worth the wait though.
• At one point or another you were definitely convinced there was some kind of creature living in the Mere.
• While the Friday market is great for grabbing something different, you’ve learnt that visiting the town during this time can be more stressful than going Christmas shopping.
• It takes a lot of effort not to roll your eyes when someone refers to the Mere as a pond...
• You know better than to try and drive through town when 5pm rolls around.
• Names such as Paul Warne, Tom Casey and Paul Gibbs all roll off the tongue... Or at least they do if you follow football.
• You’ve definitely made the trip from Tesco to Morrisons then Aldi (or vice versa) due to one or more running out of the item you need.
• Going to The Greyhound on a disco night can sometimes feel like a night out on Prince of Wales Road.
• Whenever winter rolls around, you hope the Mere freezes over so you can skate on it, like they used to.
• Have we missed anything? Let us know in the comments below.