Listed farmhouse dating back to the 1600s is for sale
- Credit: Minors & Brady
A Norfolk farmhouse that dates back to the 1600s and boasts impressive timber detailing has come up for sale in Tibenham, in the south of the county.
Oak House has a guide price of £950,000 with Minors & Brady and is Grade II listed, set in a plot of around 0.6 acres and surrounded by picturesque field views.
Designed in an L-shape, the property is arranged over three floors and offers five good-sized double bedrooms, four bathrooms and large yet versatile reception spaces.
The property has been carefully updated over the years but still retains much of the country charm you would expect to find in a home of this scale.
Highlights include the large vaulted ceilings on the ground floor as well as the drawing room and sitting room, which both feature mezzanine floors, beautiful inglenook fireplaces and original beams.
You may also want to watch:
Planning permission has previously been granted for the converted barn/drawing room to be turned into an annex, which may offer an attractive prospect for a buyer with a particularly large family.
The large farmhouse-style kitchen features tiled flooring and a large inglenook fireplace. It is also fitted with Shaker-style units as well as an integrated wall-mounted double oven, induction hob, dishwasher and space for a fridge/freezer.
- 1 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 2 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 5 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
- 8 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
Outside, Oak House has a large shingle driveway, offering ample space for several vehicles, and a double garage.
The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn, with a garden shed and greenhouse towards the back and leafy trees which create a woodland feel. Although private, the garden also enjoys rolling field views over neighbouring farmland.
Contact Minors & Brady for more information.
The Street, Tibenham
Minors & Brady, 01362 536026, www.minorsandbrady.co.uk