10.15am update: Wymondham burst water main is fixed
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people in Wymondham should have their water supply back 'within a couple of hours' after engineers moved swiftly to fix a burst main.
People in the south Norfolk town and surrounding villages woke to find they had no water after the main burst.
But Anglian Water engineers were quickly at the scene, and by 10am the burst had been fixed.
A spokesman said: 'We got the team out very quickly to start repair work and get people back on their supply.
'Some will be back on now and the remainder will be back on in the next couple of hours.'
You may also want to watch:
An earlier statement said the supply could be off until 1.45pm, adding: 'We apologise to customers in Wymondham and the surrounding area who currently have no water or low water pressure. Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this interruption to your service.'
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 5 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 6 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 7 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 9 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk