It was probably the easiest decision he has made this season as Diss manager Rob Taylor named an unchanged team.

However, the unbeaten six game run which had seen the last five games all won came to an end with Taylor commenting: “We deserved to get something out of the game after a nightmare start. We continue to improve and are building for next season.”

Mildenhall kicked off and attacked down their right wing. As Owen Paynter crossed Diss goalkeeper Matty Webster slipped and did well to get his right hand to the ball but it left an easy tap in from close range for Steve Holder with less than 10 seconds played.

Diss then settled into a confident passing game but fell 2-0 behind in the 17th minute when Mildenhall played a long ball out of defence down the slope for Wayne Proctor to run on to. He was forced towards the left hand side of the penalty area but did well to slide his right foot shot past the advancing rush of Webster. Within a minute Jamie Speller smashed a superb right foot shot against the bar from 25 yards out with Josh Pope well beaten. Mildenhall were forced to counter attack and did look dangerous at times with Michael Harvey only just high after half an hour.

James Pipe ran from half way as he moved on to a Stuart Jopling pas in the 49th minute but shot narrowly over after moving into the penalty area. Pope was forced to save when Speller was on target in the 64th minute after exchanging passes with Pipe.

Matty Webster made another of his save of the season contenders with a brilliant double save to deny Proctor from close range three minutes later after a cross from the right by Paynter.

Diss pulled a goal back in the 70th minute when Stuart Garner played a low ball in from a left wing corner and Brendan Foley struck a perfect left foot half volley from near the penalty spot past Pope. Two minutes later Joel Brien had a 30 yard shot well saved by Pope after a centre from Jonny King caused problems.

Pope was having a fine game and earned the home sponsor award as Man of the Match. He was forced to race back to push a dangerous shot from Michael Steward over the bar in the 80th minute. In the end time ran out for The Tangerines, although they were surprised that only three minutes were added on in a half which saw lengthy treatment for two defenders flattened by their own goalkeeper, five substitutions and a four minute hold up while replacement footballs were sought as the conifer hedge consumed all those provided.

• Diss team: Matty Webster, Jason Cole, Stuart Garner, Aarron Taylor, Brendan Foley, Mark Shadrack, Joel Brien, Jamie Speller, Stuart Jopling, James Pipe, Michael Steward.

Diss subs: Danny Easlea (for Pipe, 74), George Watts-Sturrock, Gareth Leggett, George Cole, Jonny King (for Taylor, 59).

• Attendance: 117.

Diss Town do not have a game this weekend. Their next game will be at home against Brantham Athletic on Easter Saturday.