In the Crown Fire Central and South Norfolk League, Division One leaders Thetford Rovers Reserves suffered only their third defeat of the season.

They lost by the only goal of the game at Gressenhall.

The chasing pack took full advantage with the next five all winning. Dereham Town A in second place closed the gap to just two points with a 3-1 home defeat of Cranworth and Bridgham United improved their goal difference with an 8-1 victory at Bunwell.

Shipdham in fourth place won 3-1 at home to Great Ryburgh, Tacolneston beat Swaffham Town A by the odd goal of five and Hingham Athletic won 2-1 Narborough.

The Division Two leaders Northwold S&SC beat Hethersett Athletic 1-0 at home to keep their championship dreams alive and local rivals also took three points from a 2-0 home win over Yaxham.

Third-placed Shropham United dropped two valuable points in being held to a 3-3 draw by Saham Toney Reserves as did Morley Village who were held to 1-1 by neighbours Wymondham Town A.

In the other match, Sporle won 7-1 at West End which leaves West End looking for near maximum points from their remaining five games to avoid relegation.

It was a good day for the Division Three leaders Thurton and Ashby who won 4-0 at Splitz United while the next two teams both dropped points.

Second-placed North Elmham were held to a 1-1 home draw by Marham Wanderers and Breckland Wanderers in third spot were beaten 6-3 at Gressenhall Reserves.

These results enabled Methwold Rovers to make up some ground courtesy of a 10-0 home win over Great Cressingham as did Bawdeswell who won 3-1 at Stoke Ferry. Shipdham Reserves lost 4-2 at home to Wendling and, as a result, are relegated to Division Four.

The top two in Division Four both won 14-0 at home. Leaders Mulbarton Wanderers Reserves finished off an unhappy season for wooden spoonists Dereham Cockers United while Diss Town A brought Weasenham Wanderers’ season to an end with an equally emphatic defeat.

Third-placed Rampant Horse were beaten 3-0 at home by Tugas United and Scarning United kept themselves in contention for third place with a 4-3 home win over Colkirk although both teams were in with a chance right up to the final whistle.

Nostro Reserves ensured that they will not have to apply for re-election by beating Tacolneston Reserves 4-1.

In the Fen Regis Invitation Shield semi-finals, Rockland United won 5-0 at Hingham Athletic Reserves to set up a final date with Necton who were 5-2 home winners over Beetley United.

The final will be played at Aldiss Park, Dereham on Wednesday, May 4.