�2m enterprise base extension tipped for approval
The �2m extension of an enterprise hub in south Norfolk is being tipped for approval tomorrow as part of a scheme to support more start-up businesses.The 14 units at Hethel Engineering Centre have helped develop 27 innovative companies and created more than 100 highly skilled jobs since it opened three years ago.
The �2m extension of an enterprise hub in south Norfolk is being tipped for approval tomorrow as part of a scheme to support more start-up businesses.
The 14 units at Hethel Engineering Centre have helped develop 27 innovative companies and created more than 100 highly skilled jobs since it opened three years ago.
Expansion plans for the �4.5m centre of engineering excellence, which is operating at capacity, are being recommended for the green light, which will create an extra 11 'incubator' units.
The proposals by Norfolk County Council will be discussed by its own councillors at a planning committee tomorrow and would help make the centre self-sufficient.
You may also want to watch:
The new workshops, which would include additional car parking and landscaping off the B1135, near Lotus Cars, have received no objections from local residents, councils and other consultees.
In a report to members, Mike Jackson, director of environment, transport, and development at Norfolk County Council, said the proposed Hethel Engineering Centre extension was 'contemporary' in style and reflected the form and design of the existing building. The loss of a middle age oak tree would be compensated for, he added.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs