�2m enterprise base extension tipped for approval
The �2m extension of an enterprise hub in south Norfolk is being tipped for approval tomorrow as part of a scheme to support more start-up businesses.The 14 units at Hethel Engineering Centre have helped develop 27 innovative companies and created more than 100 highly skilled jobs since it opened three years ago.
The �2m extension of an enterprise hub in south Norfolk is being tipped for approval tomorrow as part of a scheme to support more start-up businesses.
The 14 units at Hethel Engineering Centre have helped develop 27 innovative companies and created more than 100 highly skilled jobs since it opened three years ago.
Expansion plans for the �4.5m centre of engineering excellence, which is operating at capacity, are being recommended for the green light, which will create an extra 11 'incubator' units.
The proposals by Norfolk County Council will be discussed by its own councillors at a planning committee tomorrow and would help make the centre self-sufficient.
You may also want to watch:
The new workshops, which would include additional car parking and landscaping off the B1135, near Lotus Cars, have received no objections from local residents, councils and other consultees.
In a report to members, Mike Jackson, director of environment, transport, and development at Norfolk County Council, said the proposed Hethel Engineering Centre extension was 'contemporary' in style and reflected the form and design of the existing building. The loss of a middle age oak tree would be compensated for, he added.
- 1 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 2 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 5 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140