�2m enterprise base extension tipped for approval
The �2m extension of an enterprise hub in south Norfolk is being tipped for approval tomorrow as part of a scheme to support more start-up businesses.The 14 units at Hethel Engineering Centre have helped develop 27 innovative companies and created more than 100 highly skilled jobs since it opened three years ago.
The �2m extension of an enterprise hub in south Norfolk is being tipped for approval tomorrow as part of a scheme to support more start-up businesses.
The 14 units at Hethel Engineering Centre have helped develop 27 innovative companies and created more than 100 highly skilled jobs since it opened three years ago.
Expansion plans for the �4.5m centre of engineering excellence, which is operating at capacity, are being recommended for the green light, which will create an extra 11 'incubator' units.
The proposals by Norfolk County Council will be discussed by its own councillors at a planning committee tomorrow and would help make the centre self-sufficient.
You may also want to watch:
The new workshops, which would include additional car parking and landscaping off the B1135, near Lotus Cars, have received no objections from local residents, councils and other consultees.
In a report to members, Mike Jackson, director of environment, transport, and development at Norfolk County Council, said the proposed Hethel Engineering Centre extension was 'contemporary' in style and reflected the form and design of the existing building. The loss of a middle age oak tree would be compensated for, he added.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 3 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 4 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 7 Risk of flooding after parts of Norfolk see 8cm of snow
- 8 In pictures: Children make the most of weekend snow
- 9 Revealed: 11 more coronavirus vaccination centres set to open
- 10 Record Covid highs for three areas of Norfolk