Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- Credit: Kingsley Healthcare
A loving couple were treated to a Savoy-style afternoon tea as they celebrated their 74th wedding anniversary.
Phil and Jill Mason, aged 97 and 94 respectively, were delighted with the extravagant surprise on Friday, April 9.
The couple are both residents at The Depperhaugh in Hoxne, near Diss, just a few miles from the farm in Stowupland where they met and the village church were they said their vows in 1947.
Sarah Fox, manager at the care home, laid on elaborate plans for their big day, with a tasty menu served and staff transformed into smartly-dressed waiters.
Mr and Mrs Mason have a son and two daughters and, over the years have lived in Essex, Felixstowe and Halesworth.
You may also want to watch:
The couple, who moved into The Depperhaugh last month, are also proud to have eight grandchildren and 10 great grandchildren.
One of their daughters, Nicky Kelly, said: "They feel truly blessed to have had such a happy 74 years together."
- 1 Police search for Norwich man wanted on recall to prison
- 2 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 3 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 4 Six TikTok teens get stuck in toddler swings
- 5 Norfolk schools turn to Essex to find governors
- 6 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 7 Big rise in Norfolk children being home-schooled
- 8 'Get out and vote on election day': plea to people across Norfolk
- 9 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 10 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide