Air ambulance call out to fun runners
A lifesaving charity is calling on fun runners to take off down a south Norfolk runway next month.The East Anglian Air Ambulance is inviting teams of friends and colleagues as well as individuals across the region to take part in its second Runway Run on Saturday September 25.
A LIFESAVING charity is calling on fun runners to take off down a south Norfolk runway next month.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance is inviting teams of friends and colleagues as well as individuals across the region to take part in its second Runway Run on Saturday September 25.
The 5km race will take place on the runway of the second world war Tibenham Airfield, near Diss, which is now home to the Norfolk Gliding Club.
More than 150 people took part in the air ambulance's first runway run last year. And organisers are hoping to double the number of participants this year.
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 5pm and there will be music and refreshments for the family to enjoy. The entry fee is �10.
Jess Down, one of the charity's area fundraising managers for Norfolk, said: 'Last year's event was great fun - we had people running in helicopter themed fancy dress as well as our trustee Lord Iveagh taking part dressed as the Guinness Toucan. We can't wait to see what people will do this year.'
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 5 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 8 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 9 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo
'We hope some of the local running clubs will support us to but we want to make it a really fun event for everyone while raising vital funds to help us keep Anglia One flying in the skies above Norfolk and Suffolk.'
For further information, visit the charity's website at www.eaaa.org.uk, e-mail email@example.com or phone 08450 669999.