Air ambulance call out to fun runners
A lifesaving charity is calling on fun runners to take off down a south Norfolk runway next month.The East Anglian Air Ambulance is inviting teams of friends and colleagues as well as individuals across the region to take part in its second Runway Run on Saturday September 25.
A LIFESAVING charity is calling on fun runners to take off down a south Norfolk runway next month.
The East Anglian Air Ambulance is inviting teams of friends and colleagues as well as individuals across the region to take part in its second Runway Run on Saturday September 25.
The 5km race will take place on the runway of the second world war Tibenham Airfield, near Diss, which is now home to the Norfolk Gliding Club.
More than 150 people took part in the air ambulance's first runway run last year. And organisers are hoping to double the number of participants this year.
You may also want to watch:
The event starts at 5pm and there will be music and refreshments for the family to enjoy. The entry fee is �10.
Jess Down, one of the charity's area fundraising managers for Norfolk, said: 'Last year's event was great fun - we had people running in helicopter themed fancy dress as well as our trustee Lord Iveagh taking part dressed as the Guinness Toucan. We can't wait to see what people will do this year.'
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
'We hope some of the local running clubs will support us to but we want to make it a really fun event for everyone while raising vital funds to help us keep Anglia One flying in the skies above Norfolk and Suffolk.'
For further information, visit the charity's website at www.eaaa.org.uk, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08450 669999.