Aircraft to star at Charity Heritage Wins and Wheels show at Tibenham Airfield
- Credit: Archant
Two iconic Second World War fighters will be the star attractions at a flying show this summer.
The Spitfire and Mustang will be performing at the Charity Heritage Wings and Wheels show at Tibenham Airfield on August 3.
They will be backed by aerobatic displays from British aerobatics champion David Jenkins in his Edge 360 and formation aerobatics from the WildCats Pitts team, the Aerostars with their Yak 50's and the Red Sparrows Chipmunk display team.
Event organiser Eric Ratcliffe said: 'We are pleased to announce a substantial flying programme with an action-packed day on the ground, as well as in the air. It will be an exciting day for everyone.'
As well as the starring Mustang P51 and Spitfire, there will be a Yak 11, a Harvard, Jungmann, Christen Eagle, a Wattisham-based air sea rescue Sea King helicopter and a demonstration of the E-GO.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Mr Jenkins, there will be an aerobatic display in a Jantar glider.
Other historic aircraft on the day will include Pitts Specials, Boeing Stearmans, Piper cubs, Austers and Tiger Moths.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
There will also be a display of gliders from Norfolk Gliding Club.
The flying displays will be interspersed with runway activities such as racing cars from Historic Team Lotus, military vehicles, including a tank and a diorama, tractors, a classic car parade, a driving skills test, model aircraft flying, flying simulators, aircraft museum exhibits and trade stands.
For more information and adult, child or family tickets, visit http://airshow2014.norfolkglidingclub.com/Index.htm
The show will raise money for charity Care For Life At Home Fund.