Aircraft to star at Charity Heritage Wins and Wheels show at Tibenham Airfield
- Credit: Archant
Two iconic Second World War fighters will be the star attractions at a flying show this summer.
The Spitfire and Mustang will be performing at the Charity Heritage Wings and Wheels show at Tibenham Airfield on August 3.
They will be backed by aerobatic displays from British aerobatics champion David Jenkins in his Edge 360 and formation aerobatics from the WildCats Pitts team, the Aerostars with their Yak 50's and the Red Sparrows Chipmunk display team.
Event organiser Eric Ratcliffe said: 'We are pleased to announce a substantial flying programme with an action-packed day on the ground, as well as in the air. It will be an exciting day for everyone.'
As well as the starring Mustang P51 and Spitfire, there will be a Yak 11, a Harvard, Jungmann, Christen Eagle, a Wattisham-based air sea rescue Sea King helicopter and a demonstration of the E-GO.
You may also want to watch:
As well as Mr Jenkins, there will be an aerobatic display in a Jantar glider.
Other historic aircraft on the day will include Pitts Specials, Boeing Stearmans, Piper cubs, Austers and Tiger Moths.
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
There will also be a display of gliders from Norfolk Gliding Club.
The flying displays will be interspersed with runway activities such as racing cars from Historic Team Lotus, military vehicles, including a tank and a diorama, tractors, a classic car parade, a driving skills test, model aircraft flying, flying simulators, aircraft museum exhibits and trade stands.
For more information and adult, child or family tickets, visit http://airshow2014.norfolkglidingclub.com/Index.htm
The show will raise money for charity Care For Life At Home Fund.