Another break-in at Hempnall store
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.
Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.10am on Saturday April 11.
Intruders forced their way in through the store's front double doors before breaking open a cabinet and stealing a quantity of cigarettes and bottles of spirits. Two men are believed to have been involved in the incident.
It comes after four men wearing balaclavas stole the shop's safe, cigarettes and electricity cards in a raid in December. The village store suffered a similar incident in January last year when the front windows were smashed and two till drawers containing a quantity of cash were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact Det Con Neal Carr at Bethel Street police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants