Another break-in at Hempnall store
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.
Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.10am on Saturday April 11.
Intruders forced their way in through the store's front double doors before breaking open a cabinet and stealing a quantity of cigarettes and bottles of spirits. Two men are believed to have been involved in the incident.
It comes after four men wearing balaclavas stole the shop's safe, cigarettes and electricity cards in a raid in December. The village store suffered a similar incident in January last year when the front windows were smashed and two till drawers containing a quantity of cash were stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact Det Con Neal Carr at Bethel Street police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 7 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos