Another break-in at Hempnall store
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.
A south Norfolk village shop has suffered its third break-in in the space of 18 months.
Detectives are appealing for information following the latest burglary at McColls Store in The Street, Hempnall, which happened sometime between 4am and 4.10am on Saturday April 11.
Intruders forced their way in through the store's front double doors before breaking open a cabinet and stealing a quantity of cigarettes and bottles of spirits. Two men are believed to have been involved in the incident.
It comes after four men wearing balaclavas stole the shop's safe, cigarettes and electricity cards in a raid in December. The village store suffered a similar incident in January last year when the front windows were smashed and two till drawers containing a quantity of cash were stolen.
Anyone with information about the latest incident is asked to contact Det Con Neal Carr at Bethel Street police station on 0845 456 4567 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 3 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 4 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 5 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 6 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 7 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears