Assault arrest after man left with head injuries by side of road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
Police investigating an incident where a man was found by the side of the road with head injuries have made an arrest.
The injured man was discovered between Finningham and Rickinghall, near Diss, between 5.30am and 6am on Thursday, May 16.
A 54-year-old man was arrested in Bury St Edmunds later the same day on suspicion of assault and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he remains.
A woman driving a car and who stopped to help the injured man on the B113 road has also come forward to help police.
The 30-year-old injured man remains at West Suffolk Hospital in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anybody who may have any information or relevant dashcam or mobile phone footage are asked to provide an online update via www.suffolk.police.uk or by calling West CID on 101 quoting reference 37/27649/19. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 10 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region