Assault arrest after man left with head injuries by side of road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
Police investigating an incident where a man was found by the side of the road with head injuries have made an arrest.
The injured man was discovered between Finningham and Rickinghall, near Diss, between 5.30am and 6am on Thursday, May 16.
A 54-year-old man was arrested in Bury St Edmunds later the same day on suspicion of assault and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he remains.
A woman driving a car and who stopped to help the injured man on the B113 road has also come forward to help police.
The 30-year-old injured man remains at West Suffolk Hospital in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anybody who may have any information or relevant dashcam or mobile phone footage are asked to provide an online update via www.suffolk.police.uk or by calling West CID on 101 quoting reference 37/27649/19. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready