Assault arrest after man left with head injuries by side of road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
Police investigating an incident where a man was found by the side of the road with head injuries have made an arrest.
The injured man was discovered between Finningham and Rickinghall, near Diss, between 5.30am and 6am on Thursday, May 16.
A 54-year-old man was arrested in Bury St Edmunds later the same day on suspicion of assault and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he remains.
A woman driving a car and who stopped to help the injured man on the B113 road has also come forward to help police.
The 30-year-old injured man remains at West Suffolk Hospital in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anybody who may have any information or relevant dashcam or mobile phone footage are asked to provide an online update via www.suffolk.police.uk or by calling West CID on 101 quoting reference 37/27649/19. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards