Assault arrest after man left with head injuries by side of road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
Police investigating an incident where a man was found by the side of the road with head injuries have made an arrest.
The injured man was discovered between Finningham and Rickinghall, near Diss, between 5.30am and 6am on Thursday, May 16.
A 54-year-old man was arrested in Bury St Edmunds later the same day on suspicion of assault and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he remains.
A woman driving a car and who stopped to help the injured man on the B113 road has also come forward to help police.
The 30-year-old injured man remains at West Suffolk Hospital in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anybody who may have any information or relevant dashcam or mobile phone footage are asked to provide an online update via www.suffolk.police.uk or by calling West CID on 101 quoting reference 37/27649/19. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 A1066 clear following earlier breakdown
- 2 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 3 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 4 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 9 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 10 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000