Assault arrest after man left with head injuries by side of road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
Police investigating an incident where a man was found by the side of the road with head injuries have made an arrest.
The injured man was discovered between Finningham and Rickinghall, near Diss, between 5.30am and 6am on Thursday, May 16.
A 54-year-old man was arrested in Bury St Edmunds later the same day on suspicion of assault and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre where he remains.
A woman driving a car and who stopped to help the injured man on the B113 road has also come forward to help police.
The 30-year-old injured man remains at West Suffolk Hospital in a stable condition.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses or anybody who may have any information or relevant dashcam or mobile phone footage are asked to provide an online update via www.suffolk.police.uk or by calling West CID on 101 quoting reference 37/27649/19. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 5 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos