Artist Connie, 7, a big hit at market
A seven-year-old budding artist became the youngest stall holder at Banham country market when she had some of her drawings for sale on Saturday.Connie Peel, who goes to Kenninghall Primary School, had been wanting to help her mum at the market for months and was thrilled when her wish finally came true.
A seven-year-old budding artist became the youngest stall holder at Banham country market when she had some of her drawings for sale on Saturday.
Connie Peel, who goes to Kenninghall Primary School, had been wanting to help her mum at the market for months and was thrilled when her wish finally came true. She was so excited she was up and ready at 6am, and raring to go.
Mum Jill said: “I have to admire
her entrepreneurial skills - she
You may also want to watch:
has been pestering me for some time
to share my stained-glass stall with her.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 5 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 6 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 7 Norfolk's police deal with sharp rise in mental health-related callouts
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
“She has been busy sketching pictures of famous people such
as Churchill, Tony Blair and Mika
so I thought, I already have the
table booked, what have we got to
“It was amazing. People were queuing to get their portraits done. She had her first customer
at 9.15 and she stopped drawing
at 12.30. In that time she managed
to produce just under 30 portraits, all of different people and all with their own individual style. She made
“It was a pleasure to share my stall with her and I was delighted with her success. I hope she will come with me again to the market!” Connie added “I enjoyed myself very
much and was very proud of my pictures.”
One customer, Kathy Scott, from Roydon, said: “I'm going to treasure my portrait, because one
day when Connie is a famous artist, I think it will be worth a lot of
The next Banham country market
is Saturday, August 2 from 9am-1pm
at the village community