At the sharp end: South Norfolk tree surgeons are among the best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
A father-and-son team proved they can cut it with the best after being named among the top 10 tree surgeons in the UK.
Alan Garnham and his son, Kristian, of Waveney Tree Specialists in Hoxne, competed in the UK Logging Championships in North Wales.
The competition tests the skills of the tree surgeon and is based on accuracy, precision and speed, with measurements made in millimetres and timed to a hundredth of a second.
Kristian Garnham, 27, took the title in the individual event for changing the bar and chain on a chainsaw, completing the swap in 12.10 seconds.
Overall, after other events including felling a tree, precision cutting of a log, speed cutting of timber and removing branches from a fallen tree, he and his father, 62, came eighth and ninth in the country, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The top three will represent the UK in the World Championships next year.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 6 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 9 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 10 Parish council chair says he'll stop development trucks