At the sharp end: South Norfolk tree surgeons are among the best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
A father-and-son team proved they can cut it with the best after being named among the top 10 tree surgeons in the UK.
Alan Garnham and his son, Kristian, of Waveney Tree Specialists in Hoxne, competed in the UK Logging Championships in North Wales.
The competition tests the skills of the tree surgeon and is based on accuracy, precision and speed, with measurements made in millimetres and timed to a hundredth of a second.
Kristian Garnham, 27, took the title in the individual event for changing the bar and chain on a chainsaw, completing the swap in 12.10 seconds.
Overall, after other events including felling a tree, precision cutting of a log, speed cutting of timber and removing branches from a fallen tree, he and his father, 62, came eighth and ninth in the country, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The top three will represent the UK in the World Championships next year.
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 10 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze