At the sharp end: South Norfolk tree surgeons are among the best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
A father-and-son team proved they can cut it with the best after being named among the top 10 tree surgeons in the UK.
Alan Garnham and his son, Kristian, of Waveney Tree Specialists in Hoxne, competed in the UK Logging Championships in North Wales.
The competition tests the skills of the tree surgeon and is based on accuracy, precision and speed, with measurements made in millimetres and timed to a hundredth of a second.
Kristian Garnham, 27, took the title in the individual event for changing the bar and chain on a chainsaw, completing the swap in 12.10 seconds.
Overall, after other events including felling a tree, precision cutting of a log, speed cutting of timber and removing branches from a fallen tree, he and his father, 62, came eighth and ninth in the country, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The top three will represent the UK in the World Championships next year.
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu