At the sharp end: South Norfolk tree surgeons are among the best in the UK
- Credit: Archant
A father-and-son team proved they can cut it with the best after being named among the top 10 tree surgeons in the UK.
Alan Garnham and his son, Kristian, of Waveney Tree Specialists in Hoxne, competed in the UK Logging Championships in North Wales.
The competition tests the skills of the tree surgeon and is based on accuracy, precision and speed, with measurements made in millimetres and timed to a hundredth of a second.
Kristian Garnham, 27, took the title in the individual event for changing the bar and chain on a chainsaw, completing the swap in 12.10 seconds.
Overall, after other events including felling a tree, precision cutting of a log, speed cutting of timber and removing branches from a fallen tree, he and his father, 62, came eighth and ninth in the country, respectively.
You may also want to watch:
The top three will represent the UK in the World Championships next year.
- 1 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 3 Bishop gives blessing to project helping pupils recover after pandemic
- 4 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 5 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 6 Next recalls nightdresses amid fire hazard worries
- 7 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 8 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 9 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 10 Almost a million Covid jabs given out in Norfolk and Waveney