CCTV footage captures ‘sickening’ attack on man outside his home
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The victim of a 'sickening' attack which was caught on CCTV is appealing for the Good Samaritan who helped him as he lay stricken and injured.
Paul Haley, 74, of Top Road in Wingfield was badly beaten outside his home in November which left him unable to get off the ground and with hundreds of pounds worth of dental fees.
After calling for help and attempting to flag down several vehicles, a lady came to his aid and phoned the emergency services.
'She was on her way to work,' said Mr Haley, 'and stayed with me until the police and ambulance arrived even though she had to be somewhere.
'She was a real Good Samaritan and I would really like to be able to thank her.'
You may also want to watch:
Robert Carpenter, who installed a CCTV system for Mr Haley several years ago, described the attack as 'quite sickening and upsetting to watch'.
He added: 'I've known Paul for a little while and it isn't fair what happened to him as the guy has basically gotten away with it.'
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 7 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 8 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
Shortly before 8am on November 28 last year, Mr Haley was attacked by Carel Jan Nab, 45, who pleaded guilty to assault by beating at a hearing in Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on January 10.
He was fined £100 and ordered to pay a £30 victim surcharge and £85 in court costs.
Following the assault, Mr Haley, who lives alone after his wife died in 1995, was forced to pay hundreds of pounds to cover dental work and was left unable to sleep.
He underwent a knee operation three years ago and the attack has left him with a lot of pain and discomfort.
He said: 'I get very emotional talking about it. I found it difficult to sleep because I was in so much pain.
'I would like to meet the girl who stopped to help me and she was ever so good.
'But the day is such a haze so I don't remember her name or anything else about her.'
Are you the good Samaritan who helped Mr Haley last year? Get in touch on 01379 650249.