Cocktail and wine bar makes a splash in market town
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A cocktail and wine bar has opened in a town on the Norfolk and Suffolk border in a new venture by a familiar face in the area.
Cem Peksen, owner of Cafeye on Broad Street in Eye, has expanded in a move that takes advantage of his mixology and flair bar tending skills learned while working in London.
Bar 14 launched officially in February with an opening party attended by around 60 people.
Mr Pesken, 29, said: 'It went really well, people really enjoyed it.'
The father-of-one, from Turkey and now living in Diss, added that he opened the bar after realising there were no wine and cocktail bars in the area.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I moved here from London two-and-a-half years ago. I like it here, it's calm and people are very nice.'
Bar 14 will open every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, and will regularly host live musicians and DJs.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos