Cocktail and wine bar makes a splash in market town
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A cocktail and wine bar has opened in a town on the Norfolk and Suffolk border in a new venture by a familiar face in the area.
Cem Peksen, owner of Cafeye on Broad Street in Eye, has expanded in a move that takes advantage of his mixology and flair bar tending skills learned while working in London.
Bar 14 launched officially in February with an opening party attended by around 60 people.
Mr Pesken, 29, said: 'It went really well, people really enjoyed it.'
The father-of-one, from Turkey and now living in Diss, added that he opened the bar after realising there were no wine and cocktail bars in the area.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I moved here from London two-and-a-half years ago. I like it here, it's calm and people are very nice.'
Bar 14 will open every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, and will regularly host live musicians and DJs.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 3 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 4 Stunning double rainbows follow thunderstorms
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 7 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 8 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 9 More than 100,000 young people have received Covid jab in Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van