Cocktail and wine bar makes a splash in market town
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
A cocktail and wine bar has opened in a town on the Norfolk and Suffolk border in a new venture by a familiar face in the area.
Cem Peksen, owner of Cafeye on Broad Street in Eye, has expanded in a move that takes advantage of his mixology and flair bar tending skills learned while working in London.
Bar 14 launched officially in February with an opening party attended by around 60 people.
Mr Pesken, 29, said: 'It went really well, people really enjoyed it.'
The father-of-one, from Turkey and now living in Diss, added that he opened the bar after realising there were no wine and cocktail bars in the area.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I moved here from London two-and-a-half years ago. I like it here, it's calm and people are very nice.'
Bar 14 will open every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, and will regularly host live musicians and DJs.
- 1 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 6 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 7 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Why I Love Norfolk: Ben and Matthew Conway