Barron Knights announce Diss gig
Comedy band The Barron Knights will be returning to Diss for the first time in almost 50 years as the headline act at the town's music festival. They had yet to find fame when they appeared at a local dance at the start of their long career, in the early 1960s.
Comedy band The Barron Knights will be returning to Diss for the first time in almost 50 years as the headline act at the town's music festival.
They had yet to find fame when they appeared at a local dance at the start of their long career, in the early 1960s. And the band's founder, Pete Langford, recalled girls 'dancing around handbags' as they belted out numbers during the gig.
'We haven't been to Diss since the early '60s, before we had hit records. It will be lovely to be back and we are looking forward to it very much. It's been such a long time, and it's in a local area where we learned our apprenticeship.
'We do Cromer every year and Hunstanton in August.'
You may also want to watch:
The Diss Music Festival starts with a Live N Gigging event at the park pavilion at 1pm on Saturday July 18, followed by a film how of the movie Grease at 7.30pm in the Corn Hall.
Other attractions include a music and magic show, and music hall songs and illustrated talk on July 20; Latin American dance evening, and folk country night on July 21, a children's music workshop on July 22, and a local talent night on July 24.
- 1 New PCC - I will lobby home secretary to crackdown on police abusers
- 2 Buses converted into Covid testing units ahead of expected third wave
- 3 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
- 4 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 'Your efforts have paid off' - Further lockdown lifting confirmed for May 17
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 9 Family to open cafe named for 'cheeky' twins who fought rare disease
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
The Barron Knights are appearing at 7.30pm on Saturday, July 25 at the Corn Hall.
Tickets and information about the music festival events can be obtained from Diss Tourist Information Centre at Mere's Mouth, telephone 01379 650523. Details are also available from Diss Town Council offices in Market Hill, on 01379 643848, or visit the town council website at:www.diss.gov.uk