High street store wows shoppers with hand made poppy display
- Credit: Archant
A high street shop manager has been wowing passers by with a display of more than 400 hand made poppies.
Rhona Knapp, manager of the Beactive Mobility on Mere Street in Diss, was inspired by the centenary of the First World War to create the shop front display.
Ms Knapp uses the bottoms of plastic bottles, which she melts with candles and then spray-paints red.
She said that she will keep making the poppies up to Remembrance Sunday, and makes them both at home and in spare moments at work in the back office.
Ms Knapp said she is most surprised by the strength of the public reaction to the display.
You may also want to watch:
She added: I'm absolutely amazed by the response I've had from it, just that people have commented so much, it's quite amazing.
'I think it's a shame that we haven't come together as a community and done something for Diss this year.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
'We've always sold poppies here but because it's 100 years it shouldn't be forgotten.'