High street store wows shoppers with hand made poppy display
- Credit: Archant
A high street shop manager has been wowing passers by with a display of more than 400 hand made poppies.
Rhona Knapp, manager of the Beactive Mobility on Mere Street in Diss, was inspired by the centenary of the First World War to create the shop front display.
Ms Knapp uses the bottoms of plastic bottles, which she melts with candles and then spray-paints red.
She said that she will keep making the poppies up to Remembrance Sunday, and makes them both at home and in spare moments at work in the back office.
Ms Knapp said she is most surprised by the strength of the public reaction to the display.
You may also want to watch:
She added: I'm absolutely amazed by the response I've had from it, just that people have commented so much, it's quite amazing.
'I think it's a shame that we haven't come together as a community and done something for Diss this year.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk and Suffolk council candidates published
'We've always sold poppies here but because it's 100 years it shouldn't be forgotten.'