High street store wows shoppers with hand made poppy display
- Credit: Archant
A high street shop manager has been wowing passers by with a display of more than 400 hand made poppies.
Rhona Knapp, manager of the Beactive Mobility on Mere Street in Diss, was inspired by the centenary of the First World War to create the shop front display.
Ms Knapp uses the bottoms of plastic bottles, which she melts with candles and then spray-paints red.
She said that she will keep making the poppies up to Remembrance Sunday, and makes them both at home and in spare moments at work in the back office.
Ms Knapp said she is most surprised by the strength of the public reaction to the display.
She added: I'm absolutely amazed by the response I've had from it, just that people have commented so much, it's quite amazing.
'I think it's a shame that we haven't come together as a community and done something for Diss this year.
- 1 Country park to host jubilee picnic with street food, Pimm's and cream teas
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 4 Recipe: Make our Cherries Jubilee cake
- 5 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 8 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
'We've always sold poppies here but because it's 100 years it shouldn't be forgotten.'