The best places for community Christmas dinners in South Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images
On Christmas Day not every person can or wants to spend the day with relatives. In South Norfolk there are establishments of all shapes and sizes making sure that no one is alone on Christmas Day.
Diss, Baileys Fish and Chip Shop
Following on from their success at Halloween, in which 300 people were given free food, Baileys Fish and Chip shop on Shelfanger Road will be sending out free food packages to care homes and communities, as well as individuals, as part of its scheme Nobody Eats Alone.
If you know of a home that would benefit, contact the store on 01379 308130.
Long Stratton, Village Hall
You may also want to watch:
A community Christmas Day lunch will be taking place in Long Stratton Village Hall at 1pm, with three courses and a vegetarian option offered for free to those who need it, including families. To book ring 01508 530238.
Diss, The Salvation Army
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Investigation as farm video claims to show chickens 'deformed and dying'
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 8 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 Your nominations needed for People's Choice at Norfolk Arts Awards 2021
At 36-40 Sunnyside in Diss, the Salvation Army will be serving up Christmas lunch.