The best places for community Christmas dinners in South Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images
On Christmas Day not every person can or wants to spend the day with relatives. In South Norfolk there are establishments of all shapes and sizes making sure that no one is alone on Christmas Day.
Diss, Baileys Fish and Chip Shop
Following on from their success at Halloween, in which 300 people were given free food, Baileys Fish and Chip shop on Shelfanger Road will be sending out free food packages to care homes and communities, as well as individuals, as part of its scheme Nobody Eats Alone.
If you know of a home that would benefit, contact the store on 01379 308130.
Long Stratton, Village Hall
You may also want to watch:
A community Christmas Day lunch will be taking place in Long Stratton Village Hall at 1pm, with three courses and a vegetarian option offered for free to those who need it, including families. To book ring 01508 530238.
Diss, The Salvation Army
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 8 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 9 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 10 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
At 36-40 Sunnyside in Diss, the Salvation Army will be serving up Christmas lunch.