The best places for community Christmas dinners in South Norfolk
- Credit: Getty Images
On Christmas Day not every person can or wants to spend the day with relatives. In South Norfolk there are establishments of all shapes and sizes making sure that no one is alone on Christmas Day.
Diss, Baileys Fish and Chip Shop
Following on from their success at Halloween, in which 300 people were given free food, Baileys Fish and Chip shop on Shelfanger Road will be sending out free food packages to care homes and communities, as well as individuals, as part of its scheme Nobody Eats Alone.
If you know of a home that would benefit, contact the store on 01379 308130.
Long Stratton, Village Hall
A community Christmas Day lunch will be taking place in Long Stratton Village Hall at 1pm, with three courses and a vegetarian option offered for free to those who need it, including families. To book ring 01508 530238.
Diss, The Salvation Army
- 1 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 2 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 3 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 4 Fresh plans for controversial waste plant revealed
- 5 Town puts on a show for the Armed Forces
- 6 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
- 7 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 10 'Very slow traffic' as A143 partially closed after crash
At 36-40 Sunnyside in Diss, the Salvation Army will be serving up Christmas lunch.