Big Diss quiz raises �1,000 for heart charity
Eleven teams helped raise more than �1,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of the charity's Big Diss Quiz.
The winning team, from Steeles Law, received the BHF trophy and voucher for a half-page colour advert in the Mercury.
The event took place at the Greyhound pub, with �1,002 raised to invest in pioneering research, patient care and equipment.
Alex Mayer, BHF fundraising manager, said: 'Our heartfelt thanks to the teams for taking part, the companies who donated a fantastic 32 raffle prizes and quiz master Nick Woods for their support.
'One fundraising event can make such a difference: �5 will provide a free DVD to the parents of a baby born with a heart condition while the �1,000 raised at the quiz night is enough to fund a specialist heart failure nurse for a week.'
You may also want to watch:
Chris Moore, from the Steeles Law team, said: 'I have been interested in the work of the British Heart Foundation since a few years ago when my cousin, who was in her thirties, died of a heart-related condition leaving three young children.'
If you would like to organise a BHF event, contact Alex Mayer on 01223 862695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards