Big Diss quiz raises �1,000 for heart charity
Eleven teams helped raise more than �1,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of the charity's Big Diss Quiz.
The winning team, from Steeles Law, received the BHF trophy and voucher for a half-page colour advert in the Mercury.
The event took place at the Greyhound pub, with �1,002 raised to invest in pioneering research, patient care and equipment.
Alex Mayer, BHF fundraising manager, said: 'Our heartfelt thanks to the teams for taking part, the companies who donated a fantastic 32 raffle prizes and quiz master Nick Woods for their support.
'One fundraising event can make such a difference: �5 will provide a free DVD to the parents of a baby born with a heart condition while the �1,000 raised at the quiz night is enough to fund a specialist heart failure nurse for a week.'
You may also want to watch:
Chris Moore, from the Steeles Law team, said: 'I have been interested in the work of the British Heart Foundation since a few years ago when my cousin, who was in her thirties, died of a heart-related condition leaving three young children.'
If you would like to organise a BHF event, contact Alex Mayer on 01223 862695 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 7 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"