Big Diss quiz raises �1,000 for heart charity
Eleven teams helped raise more than �1,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of the charity's Big Diss Quiz.
The winning team, from Steeles Law, received the BHF trophy and voucher for a half-page colour advert in the Mercury.
The event took place at the Greyhound pub, with �1,002 raised to invest in pioneering research, patient care and equipment.
Alex Mayer, BHF fundraising manager, said: 'Our heartfelt thanks to the teams for taking part, the companies who donated a fantastic 32 raffle prizes and quiz master Nick Woods for their support.
'One fundraising event can make such a difference: �5 will provide a free DVD to the parents of a baby born with a heart condition while the �1,000 raised at the quiz night is enough to fund a specialist heart failure nurse for a week.'
You may also want to watch:
Chris Moore, from the Steeles Law team, said: 'I have been interested in the work of the British Heart Foundation since a few years ago when my cousin, who was in her thirties, died of a heart-related condition leaving three young children.'
If you would like to organise a BHF event, contact Alex Mayer on 01223 862695 or email email@example.com.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 5 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 8 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed