Big Diss quiz raises �1,000 for heart charity
Eleven teams helped raise more than �1,000 for the British Heart Foundation as part of the charity's Big Diss Quiz.
The winning team, from Steeles Law, received the BHF trophy and voucher for a half-page colour advert in the Mercury.
The event took place at the Greyhound pub, with �1,002 raised to invest in pioneering research, patient care and equipment.
Alex Mayer, BHF fundraising manager, said: 'Our heartfelt thanks to the teams for taking part, the companies who donated a fantastic 32 raffle prizes and quiz master Nick Woods for their support.
'One fundraising event can make such a difference: �5 will provide a free DVD to the parents of a baby born with a heart condition while the �1,000 raised at the quiz night is enough to fund a specialist heart failure nurse for a week.'
You may also want to watch:
Chris Moore, from the Steeles Law team, said: 'I have been interested in the work of the British Heart Foundation since a few years ago when my cousin, who was in her thirties, died of a heart-related condition leaving three young children.'
If you would like to organise a BHF event, contact Alex Mayer on 01223 862695 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter