Big Latitude showing to help Daisy
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A young musician is hopeful her appearance at this summer's Latitude festival will help her to build her fanbase.
Daisy Lawrence, from Yaxley - who has the stage name Daisy Victoria - will be playing the Lake Stage at the festival, which takes place from today until Sunday at Henham Park, near Southwold.
She hopes she will be able to attract more people to listen to her music on her Soundcloud and Facebook pages.
She has previously appeared at the festival with her brother Sam Lawrence, 26, when the pair did 30mins on the alcove stage last year.
The former Hartismere High School pupil in Eye, who used to be in a band called the Maglia Rosa Group, has released the EP Heart Full of Beef, which she said had a range of musical influences including PJ Harvey, The Clash, Kate Bush and The Cure.
She said the EP's title was influenced by musician Captain Beefheart and songs include Macbeth to My Lady, Cloth, Smart Garden Path and Tree, which is based on the myth of Daphne and Apollo.
The songs on the EP are about the imagination and the creative process, while some of the tracks deal with relationships - including Cloth, which is about a woman who has been left with a child by a man and exacts her revenge on the children.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 New vintage gift and homeware shop opens in historic building
- 10 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
As well as Captain Beefheart, Miss Lawrence said she preferred older musicians, such as Bob Dylan over more contemporary pop stars, while her other passion was for independent films including French cinema.
She added: 'I would like to release another EP in a few months and hopefully more people will listen to and enjoy my music.'
For more information on Daisy Victoria, visit www.facebook.com/daisyvic or soundcloud.com/daisy-victoria
Are you a budding musician? Email email@example.com