Big Latitude showing to help Daisy
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A young musician is hopeful her appearance at this summer's Latitude festival will help her to build her fanbase.
Daisy Lawrence, from Yaxley - who has the stage name Daisy Victoria - will be playing the Lake Stage at the festival, which takes place from today until Sunday at Henham Park, near Southwold.
She hopes she will be able to attract more people to listen to her music on her Soundcloud and Facebook pages.
She has previously appeared at the festival with her brother Sam Lawrence, 26, when the pair did 30mins on the alcove stage last year.
The former Hartismere High School pupil in Eye, who used to be in a band called the Maglia Rosa Group, has released the EP Heart Full of Beef, which she said had a range of musical influences including PJ Harvey, The Clash, Kate Bush and The Cure.
You may also want to watch:
She said the EP's title was influenced by musician Captain Beefheart and songs include Macbeth to My Lady, Cloth, Smart Garden Path and Tree, which is based on the myth of Daphne and Apollo.
The songs on the EP are about the imagination and the creative process, while some of the tracks deal with relationships - including Cloth, which is about a woman who has been left with a child by a man and exacts her revenge on the children.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 3 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 4 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 10 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
As well as Captain Beefheart, Miss Lawrence said she preferred older musicians, such as Bob Dylan over more contemporary pop stars, while her other passion was for independent films including French cinema.
She added: 'I would like to release another EP in a few months and hopefully more people will listen to and enjoy my music.'
For more information on Daisy Victoria, visit www.facebook.com/daisyvic or soundcloud.com/daisy-victoria
Are you a budding musician? Email email@example.com