Big promotion for Diss martial arts star
- Credit: Archant
Diss' Robert Davis was promoted to a 4th degree black belt in a Korean martial art after attending a major European championship event in Norwich.
The 2014 Kuk Sool Won European Championshps was held at the Sports Park at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
Mr Davis has been training in the traditional Korean martial art for 15 years under instructor Steve Whiting, having started when he was just 11 years old. He has travelled all over the world to attend championships, including Korea, America, Spain and the UK, where he was previously grand champion. He has won over 100 medals to date, achieving gold medals at world, European and UK standard.
On Saturday evening he was presented with his certificate of promotion by the grandmaster Kuk Sa Nim.
The presentation was made at the European Masters Demonstration closing ceremony, which was attended by family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whiting was also promoted to 7th degree black belt on the same evening, making him one of only three 7th degree black belts in the UK.
- 1 £60 fine for resident who drove six miles to dump household rubbish in public bin
- 2 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 3 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 4 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
- 5 Six-year-old cycles 100 laps to raise money for homeless
- 6 Why Norfolk districts cannot be in different Covid tiers - yet
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Call for government to listen to Norfolk over Tier 1 move
- 9 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140