Big promotion for Diss martial arts star
- Credit: Archant
Diss' Robert Davis was promoted to a 4th degree black belt in a Korean martial art after attending a major European championship event in Norwich.
The 2014 Kuk Sool Won European Championshps was held at the Sports Park at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
Mr Davis has been training in the traditional Korean martial art for 15 years under instructor Steve Whiting, having started when he was just 11 years old. He has travelled all over the world to attend championships, including Korea, America, Spain and the UK, where he was previously grand champion. He has won over 100 medals to date, achieving gold medals at world, European and UK standard.
On Saturday evening he was presented with his certificate of promotion by the grandmaster Kuk Sa Nim.
The presentation was made at the European Masters Demonstration closing ceremony, which was attended by family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whiting was also promoted to 7th degree black belt on the same evening, making him one of only three 7th degree black belts in the UK.
- 1 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 2 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Council leader calls for 'zero tolerance' on abuse after MP's death
- 8 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants