Big promotion for Diss martial arts star
- Credit: Archant
Diss' Robert Davis was promoted to a 4th degree black belt in a Korean martial art after attending a major European championship event in Norwich.
The 2014 Kuk Sool Won European Championshps was held at the Sports Park at the University of East Anglia, Norwich.
Mr Davis has been training in the traditional Korean martial art for 15 years under instructor Steve Whiting, having started when he was just 11 years old. He has travelled all over the world to attend championships, including Korea, America, Spain and the UK, where he was previously grand champion. He has won over 100 medals to date, achieving gold medals at world, European and UK standard.
On Saturday evening he was presented with his certificate of promotion by the grandmaster Kuk Sa Nim.
The presentation was made at the European Masters Demonstration closing ceremony, which was attended by family and friends.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Whiting was also promoted to 7th degree black belt on the same evening, making him one of only three 7th degree black belts in the UK.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 5 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos