Norfolk hosts the biggest gliding event of the year for a third time
- Credit: Norman Clowes
A Norfolk airfield has hosted one of the world's biggest glider events for the third time.
The Vintage Glider Club chose Tibenham Airfield to host its International Rally.
The event was attended by 110 pilots from as far afield as Australia.
Organiser Norman Clowes said: "This was one of the most important aviation events in Norfolk this year.
"More than 60 gliders all flew over the event. There were gliders dating from the 1930s and pilots like me were lucky enough to fly them. It was absolutely beautiful."
You may also want to watch:
The next rally is due to be held in Germany next year, but Norfolk's Gliding Club feels hopeful that the international rally will be back on their air fields in the future.
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk