Norfolk hosts the biggest gliding event of the year for a third time
- Credit: Norman Clowes
A Norfolk airfield has hosted one of the world's biggest glider events for the third time.
The Vintage Glider Club chose Tibenham Airfield to host its International Rally.
The event was attended by 110 pilots from as far afield as Australia.
Organiser Norman Clowes said: "This was one of the most important aviation events in Norfolk this year.
"More than 60 gliders all flew over the event. There were gliders dating from the 1930s and pilots like me were lucky enough to fly them. It was absolutely beautiful."
You may also want to watch:
The next rally is due to be held in Germany next year, but Norfolk's Gliding Club feels hopeful that the international rally will be back on their air fields in the future.
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 6 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 8 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 9 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 10 Residents asked to leave sheltered housing with building's future in limbo