Norfolk hosts the biggest gliding event of the year for a third time
- Credit: Norman Clowes
A Norfolk airfield has hosted one of the world's biggest glider events for the third time.
The Vintage Glider Club chose Tibenham Airfield to host its International Rally.
The event was attended by 110 pilots from as far afield as Australia.
Organiser Norman Clowes said: "This was one of the most important aviation events in Norfolk this year.
"More than 60 gliders all flew over the event. There were gliders dating from the 1930s and pilots like me were lucky enough to fly them. It was absolutely beautiful."
You may also want to watch:
The next rally is due to be held in Germany next year, but Norfolk's Gliding Club feels hopeful that the international rally will be back on their air fields in the future.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 3 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries