Biggest names in fashion up for grabs at South Norfolk auction
- Credit: Archant
Fashion lovers of South Norfolk will be able to get their hands on some of the biggest names in designer clothes at this months Vintage Fashion and Furnishings Sale.
Diss Auction Rooms will be bringing eastern delight to the town with vintage textiles from the far east with 18th and 19th century Japanese, Chinese, Indian and Asian fabrics.
Some of the biggest names in fashion will be up for grabs with a Cristobal Balenciaga evening gown with shawl, a vintage Gucci red silk evening dress and interior furnishings from swinging 1960s designer David Hicks.
It is not just clothes up for auction as needlework, accessories and interior design pieces are available.
Valuer Debra Brown said: 'It is just a melting pot of design, come along to judge for yourself.'
You may also want to watch:
Viewing of the items is on Thursday, June 14 2pm to 8pm, Friday, June 15 10am to 6pm and on the morning of the sale from 8.30am on Saturday, June 16.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 6 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 7 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 8 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 9 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 10 Family tribute to 'colourful legend' killed in Norfolk crash