Windmill open day seeks classic car owners
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Classic cars and vintage vehicles are invited to park up on Billingford Common for its windmill open day this month.
The mill, owned by Norfolk County Council, is undergoing a restoration project which will see it become fully working with the ability to grind grain again.
The open day includes tours of the windmill and light refreshments in the Shepherd's Hut and a 'select your on prize' tombola.
Mill custodian Julie Websdell said: 'Billingford Common is an ideal spot to picnic and meet other classic car enthusiasts.
'All owners are welcome to attend and please let us know if you're coming.'
You may also want to watch:
The open day will take place on Sunday May 13 and mill tours are £3 for adults.
Other upcoming open days include tractors on July 22, teddy parachuting on August 18 and the final opening with a harvest celebration on September 16.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Town's Estate Agent offers to print school work for children during lockdown
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Weather warning issued for icy surfaces
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
More volunteers at the mill are also invited. Contact the custodians on 01379 853967 to get involved.