Windmill open day seeks classic car owners
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Classic cars and vintage vehicles are invited to park up on Billingford Common for its windmill open day this month.
The mill, owned by Norfolk County Council, is undergoing a restoration project which will see it become fully working with the ability to grind grain again.
The open day includes tours of the windmill and light refreshments in the Shepherd's Hut and a 'select your on prize' tombola.
Mill custodian Julie Websdell said: 'Billingford Common is an ideal spot to picnic and meet other classic car enthusiasts.
'All owners are welcome to attend and please let us know if you're coming.'
You may also want to watch:
The open day will take place on Sunday May 13 and mill tours are £3 for adults.
Other upcoming open days include tractors on July 22, teddy parachuting on August 18 and the final opening with a harvest celebration on September 16.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 7 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 8 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards
More volunteers at the mill are also invited. Contact the custodians on 01379 853967 to get involved.