Windmill open day seeks classic car owners
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Classic cars and vintage vehicles are invited to park up on Billingford Common for its windmill open day this month.
The mill, owned by Norfolk County Council, is undergoing a restoration project which will see it become fully working with the ability to grind grain again.
The open day includes tours of the windmill and light refreshments in the Shepherd's Hut and a 'select your on prize' tombola.
Mill custodian Julie Websdell said: 'Billingford Common is an ideal spot to picnic and meet other classic car enthusiasts.
'All owners are welcome to attend and please let us know if you're coming.'
You may also want to watch:
The open day will take place on Sunday May 13 and mill tours are £3 for adults.
Other upcoming open days include tractors on July 22, teddy parachuting on August 18 and the final opening with a harvest celebration on September 16.
- 1 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 2 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 3 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 4 16th century village house with potential to develop is for sale for £575,000
- 5 'Raring to go' - Businesses ready to reopen in time for Christmas rush
- 6 Care home's visitor pod helps residents stay connected with loved ones
- 7 Care provider to appeal decision which saw plans to extend care home rejected
- 8 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 9 How will Christmas grottos, nativities and carol singing go ahead?
- 10 Car carrying five people crashes into ditch
More volunteers at the mill are also invited. Contact the custodians on 01379 853967 to get involved.