Windmill open day seeks classic car owners
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Classic cars and vintage vehicles are invited to park up on Billingford Common for its windmill open day this month.
The mill, owned by Norfolk County Council, is undergoing a restoration project which will see it become fully working with the ability to grind grain again.
The open day includes tours of the windmill and light refreshments in the Shepherd's Hut and a 'select your on prize' tombola.
Mill custodian Julie Websdell said: 'Billingford Common is an ideal spot to picnic and meet other classic car enthusiasts.
'All owners are welcome to attend and please let us know if you're coming.'
The open day will take place on Sunday May 13 and mill tours are £3 for adults.
Other upcoming open days include tractors on July 22, teddy parachuting on August 18 and the final opening with a harvest celebration on September 16.
- 1 New crafting event coming to East Anglia this summer
- 2 Man in court over hundreds of indecent images of children
- 3 Overcrowding fears sees council oppose town's affordable housing plans
- 4 Church school becomes latest to join growing academy trust
- 5 50-mile diversion in place as A140 set to close to repair damaged road
- 6 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 7 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
- 8 Threat of more rail disruption as Greater Anglia workers are to be balloted for strikes
- 9 Rare 19th century painting found in Norfolk home sells for £160k
- 10 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
More volunteers at the mill are also invited. Contact the custodians on 01379 853967 to get involved.