Windmill open day seeks classic car owners
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Classic cars and vintage vehicles are invited to park up on Billingford Common for its windmill open day this month.
The mill, owned by Norfolk County Council, is undergoing a restoration project which will see it become fully working with the ability to grind grain again.
The open day includes tours of the windmill and light refreshments in the Shepherd's Hut and a 'select your on prize' tombola.
Mill custodian Julie Websdell said: 'Billingford Common is an ideal spot to picnic and meet other classic car enthusiasts.
'All owners are welcome to attend and please let us know if you're coming.'
You may also want to watch:
The open day will take place on Sunday May 13 and mill tours are £3 for adults.
Other upcoming open days include tractors on July 22, teddy parachuting on August 18 and the final opening with a harvest celebration on September 16.
- 1 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 2 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 3 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 4 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school
- 5 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 6 Call for caution as restrictions eased amid backdrop of 'perilous' variant
- 7 Locusts, vinegar cake and crocodile: 6 weird dishes served in Norfolk
- 8 Life-saving defibrillator installed along historic Norfolk footpath
- 9 Lockdown easing LIVE: Norfolk and Waveney enjoys renewed freedom
- 10 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
More volunteers at the mill are also invited. Contact the custodians on 01379 853967 to get involved.