Windmill open day seeks classic car owners
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2016
Classic cars and vintage vehicles are invited to park up on Billingford Common for its windmill open day this month.
The mill, owned by Norfolk County Council, is undergoing a restoration project which will see it become fully working with the ability to grind grain again.
The open day includes tours of the windmill and light refreshments in the Shepherd's Hut and a 'select your on prize' tombola.
Mill custodian Julie Websdell said: 'Billingford Common is an ideal spot to picnic and meet other classic car enthusiasts.
'All owners are welcome to attend and please let us know if you're coming.'
You may also want to watch:
The open day will take place on Sunday May 13 and mill tours are £3 for adults.
Other upcoming open days include tractors on July 22, teddy parachuting on August 18 and the final opening with a harvest celebration on September 16.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
More volunteers at the mill are also invited. Contact the custodians on 01379 853967 to get involved.