Blood donors needed in Diss
An appeal has been launched to encourage more people in Diss to become blood donors.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) needs 110 donations to meet collection targets when it visits Diss Corn Hall this week.
Up to 330 lives could be improved or saved if the service hits this number.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at NHSBT, said: 'I would like to encourage more local donors to attend the session in Diss. If you are a regular donor or if you have never given blood before please consider coming along.
'Giving blood is easy to do and you could save someone's life. Please call us today or go online to make an appointment.'
You may also want to watch:
Blood donations are taking place at the Corn Hall, on Tuesday between 1pm and 3.15pm, and between 4.30pm and 7pm.
First time donors should be aged between 17 and 65, weigh at least 50kg or 7st 12lb, and be in general good health.
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 8 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser
To book an appointment, call 0300 123 2323 or visit www.blood.co.uk