Blood donors needed in Diss
An appeal has been launched to encourage more people in Diss to become blood donors.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) needs 110 donations to meet collection targets when it visits Diss Corn Hall this week.
Up to 330 lives could be improved or saved if the service hits this number.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at NHSBT, said: 'I would like to encourage more local donors to attend the session in Diss. If you are a regular donor or if you have never given blood before please consider coming along.
'Giving blood is easy to do and you could save someone's life. Please call us today or go online to make an appointment.'
Blood donations are taking place at the Corn Hall, on Tuesday between 1pm and 3.15pm, and between 4.30pm and 7pm.
First time donors should be aged between 17 and 65, weigh at least 50kg or 7st 12lb, and be in general good health.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 6 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 7 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 8 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 Are you brave enough to help hunt the paranormal at a former RAF airbase?
To book an appointment, call 0300 123 2323 or visit www.blood.co.uk