Blood donors needed in Diss
An appeal has been launched to encourage more people in Diss to become blood donors.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) needs 110 donations to meet collection targets when it visits Diss Corn Hall this week.
Up to 330 lives could be improved or saved if the service hits this number.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at NHSBT, said: 'I would like to encourage more local donors to attend the session in Diss. If you are a regular donor or if you have never given blood before please consider coming along.
'Giving blood is easy to do and you could save someone's life. Please call us today or go online to make an appointment.'
You may also want to watch:
Blood donations are taking place at the Corn Hall, on Tuesday between 1pm and 3.15pm, and between 4.30pm and 7pm.
First time donors should be aged between 17 and 65, weigh at least 50kg or 7st 12lb, and be in general good health.
- 1 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 2 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 3 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 4 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 5 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 9 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 10 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
To book an appointment, call 0300 123 2323 or visit www.blood.co.uk