Blood donors needed in Diss
An appeal has been launched to encourage more people in Diss to become blood donors.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) needs 110 donations to meet collection targets when it visits Diss Corn Hall this week.
Up to 330 lives could be improved or saved if the service hits this number.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at NHSBT, said: 'I would like to encourage more local donors to attend the session in Diss. If you are a regular donor or if you have never given blood before please consider coming along.
'Giving blood is easy to do and you could save someone's life. Please call us today or go online to make an appointment.'
You may also want to watch:
Blood donations are taking place at the Corn Hall, on Tuesday between 1pm and 3.15pm, and between 4.30pm and 7pm.
First time donors should be aged between 17 and 65, weigh at least 50kg or 7st 12lb, and be in general good health.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 6 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
To book an appointment, call 0300 123 2323 or visit www.blood.co.uk