Blood donors needed in Diss
An appeal has been launched to encourage more people in Diss to become blood donors.
NHS Blood and Transplant (NHSBT) needs 110 donations to meet collection targets when it visits Diss Corn Hall this week.
Up to 330 lives could be improved or saved if the service hits this number.
Derek Carr, lead donor relations manager at NHSBT, said: 'I would like to encourage more local donors to attend the session in Diss. If you are a regular donor or if you have never given blood before please consider coming along.
'Giving blood is easy to do and you could save someone's life. Please call us today or go online to make an appointment.'
You may also want to watch:
Blood donations are taking place at the Corn Hall, on Tuesday between 1pm and 3.15pm, and between 4.30pm and 7pm.
First time donors should be aged between 17 and 65, weigh at least 50kg or 7st 12lb, and be in general good health.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 4 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 5 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 9 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 10 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
To book an appointment, call 0300 123 2323 or visit www.blood.co.uk