Women’s charity celebrates world record success
- Credit: Archant
A women's charity is celebrating a successful start to the year including breaking a Guinness World Record.
The Blossom Charity, based in Eye, aims to increase confidence in women and young people in the region.
It took the Guinness World Record for the longest fashion show from US giants Cotton Inc and PEOPLE magazine after organising a 30-hour event in 2017, with the results announced this January.
Raising £24,000, the Woolverstone Hall event featured 1,080 outfits.
The charity has also been announced as the community partner of the OVO Energy Women's Tour cycle race. The Blossom Road Trip will see the Blossom team follow the same route as the cyclists, delivering empowering workshops to 500 women over six days.
Bridget McIntyre, founder, said: 'We might be a small charity based in the Suffolk countryside, but we have had a truly remarkable start to the year.'
- 1 Car flips over in crash near south Norfolk village
- 2 Norfolk hair salon named best in region at national awards
- 3 Frustration as vulnerable people in Norfolk left waiting for Covid boosters
- 4 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 5 What to see in the sky in December: The 'Cold Moon' and meteor showers
- 6 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 7 Norfolk hot honey sauce 'going out in pallet fulls' across the UK
- 8 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 9 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 10 Heavy rain forecast for the rest of the week in Norfolk but snow unlikely