Boost for airfield
Officials at a south Norfolk airfield spoke of their delight after landing a prestigious international event.The International Vintage Glider Rally has only been held on three occasions in the UK in its almost 40 year history.
Officials at a south Norfolk airfield spoke of their delight after landing a prestigious international event.
The International Vintage Glider Rally has only been held on three occasions in the UK in its almost 40 year history.
But officials from the Norfolk Gliding Club confirmed on Monday that the 38th annual event will be staged at their Tibenham airfield, near Diss, at a date to be fixed in 2010.
It comes after the former second world war airbase hosted the rally in 2000 when it attracted more than 100 vintage gliders - some almost 70 years old - and 300 participants.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Ashworth, chairman of the Norfolk Gliding Club, said: 'We are very proud of being chosen to host the International Vintage Rally in 2010. It is a big boost for the club and reflects the hard work that our club members put into to make it a successful and professional operation.'
The club, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year, is set to hold a vintage glider, tractor and classic car event from dawn to dusk on June 21.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late