Boost for Diss Park improvements
The regeneration of Diss Park received a boost this week after being granted �10,000 from the Big Lottery Fund.The funding from the Awards for All grant will be used by Diss Town Council to appoint a project manager to help progress park improvements.
THE regeneration of Diss Park received a boost this week after being granted �10,000 from the Big Lottery Fund.
The funding from the Awards for All grant will be used by Diss Town Council to appoint a project manager to help progress park improvements.
The first phase of the park regeneration project was completed last year following an �100,000 investment in a new toddler and children's play area.
The second phase will aim to provide a teenage area and adult fitness equipment on the park next to Diss Mere, which was requested by the public in a consultation. Other improvements would include new tree and wetland planting, new lighting and paths, picnic tables, additional signage, seating and litter bins.
You may also want to watch:
The Big Lottery money will help fund the park project manager role to secure monies from other sources such as the Heritage Lottery Fund's Parks for People Fund, which can give grants of up to �5m.
In addition, the new project manager will develop community involvement in the scheme and create a green spaces strategy and management plan.
- 1 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 2 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Harleston funeral service celebrates 10th anniversary
- 5 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 6 Revenue tops £710m at specialist tech company
- 7 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 8 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 9 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 10 Report into Norfolk Christmas floods could take six months
For more information, contact Diss Town Council on 01379 643848 or e-mail email@example.com.