Boost for specialist school bid
A school's bid to become a specialist sports college has got off to a positive start.Old Buckenham High School needs to raise �50,000 to unlock more than �100,000 in government funding to achieve a specialist sports status.
A school's bid to become a specialist sports college has got off to a positive start.
Old Buckenham High School needs to raise �50,000 to unlock more than �100,000 in government funding to achieve a specialist sports status.
The school has so far collected �6,720 since it launched its fundraising campaign in February but continues to appeal for support.
Lorraine Collins, the school's business manager, said: 'We've still got an awful long way to go so we're appealing to anyone who can help us. But it's a positive start with the climate we're in.'
You may also want to watch:
The current total has been raised through cash donations from local businesses as well as through a scheme where companies can give the school equipment, such as computer software, and the monetary value of the items is added to the fundraising kitty.
If they gain the specialist status, staff want to invest the funding in sporting facilities although exactly what they will be is still to be decided.
- 1 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 2 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 10 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
Anyone wishing to get behind the bid can contact Lorraine Collins on 01953 860233.