Boost for specialist school bid
A school's bid to become a specialist sports college has got off to a positive start.Old Buckenham High School needs to raise �50,000 to unlock more than �100,000 in government funding to achieve a specialist sports status.
A school's bid to become a specialist sports college has got off to a positive start.
Old Buckenham High School needs to raise �50,000 to unlock more than �100,000 in government funding to achieve a specialist sports status.
The school has so far collected �6,720 since it launched its fundraising campaign in February but continues to appeal for support.
Lorraine Collins, the school's business manager, said: 'We've still got an awful long way to go so we're appealing to anyone who can help us. But it's a positive start with the climate we're in.'
You may also want to watch:
The current total has been raised through cash donations from local businesses as well as through a scheme where companies can give the school equipment, such as computer software, and the monetary value of the items is added to the fundraising kitty.
If they gain the specialist status, staff want to invest the funding in sporting facilities although exactly what they will be is still to be decided.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 10 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
Anyone wishing to get behind the bid can contact Lorraine Collins on 01953 860233.