Botesdale revs up for soap box GP
Dozens of homemade contraptions will take to the centre of Botesdale on bank holiday Monday for the village's annual soap box grand prix.Thousands of spectators are expected to descend on the north Suffolk village for the sixth charitable event will take place outside the Greyhound pub.
DOZENS of homemade contraptions will take to the centre of Botesdale on bank holiday Monday for the village's annual soap box grand prix.
Thousands of spectators are expected to descend on the north Suffolk village for the sixth charitable event will take place outside the Greyhound pub.
Last year's grand prix down The Street raised almost �600 for local good causes and East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
The sixth Big Botesdale Soap Box Grand Prix will start from 1.30pm on Monday and will this year feature a hair-raising funnel half way down the hill.
You may also want to watch:
The village's chip shop and Chinese takeaway will be opening specially for the event and there will also be a hog roast and ice cream van.
A maximum of 35 karts will take part in the racing, which must have a minimum or three wheels, an ability to steer, and brakes. Each competitor will be allowed one pusher.
- 1 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 2 Town reveals plans for post-lockdown celebration
- 3 Radio station reveals plans to open 'game changing' second studio
- 4 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 5 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 8 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 9 American serviceman's legacy remembered through new war-inspired nose art
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
For more information, call the Botesdale Greyhound on 01379 898003.