A million bricks and five hours to set up: Lego fans put creations on show
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Lego lovers have shown the lengths they will go to by putting on display their creations at a show dedicated to the humble multi-coloured bricks.
Enthusiasts from across the country are taking part in the Bressingham Bricks event with painstakingly put together displays, rare models and stalls.
Among those with an all consuming love of all things Lego show off their hardwork to the public were the Nunes family from Mildenhall, members of the Brick Central Lego User Group.
Dad and mum Leo and Ruta, and their children Lina and Alex, have built a huge recreation of a Formula 1 track complete with grandstands, spectators and even TV cameras.
Mrs Nunes said: "It has taken us three years to build and taken us five years to set up to put on show. This is the first time we have had the whole thing complete.
"We have about 1,000 sets and more than a million bricks. We are just passionate about Lego and about motorracing, so we have combined the two."
The inaugural show at Bressingham Steam Museum, near Diss, is the idea of Tom Hadfield, from Ipswich, who hopes it will become a regular event. "We have got some terrific things on show and people seem to be really enjoying it," he said.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 6 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 9 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- Bressingham Bricks continues at Bressingham Steam Museum on Sunday, June 16, 10.30am-5pm, bressingham.co.uk/events/bressingham-bricks