A million bricks and five hours to set up: Lego fans put creations on show
- Credit: Simon Parkin
Lego lovers have shown the lengths they will go to by putting on display their creations at a show dedicated to the humble multi-coloured bricks.
Enthusiasts from across the country are taking part in the Bressingham Bricks event with painstakingly put together displays, rare models and stalls.
Among those with an all consuming love of all things Lego show off their hardwork to the public were the Nunes family from Mildenhall, members of the Brick Central Lego User Group.
Dad and mum Leo and Ruta, and their children Lina and Alex, have built a huge recreation of a Formula 1 track complete with grandstands, spectators and even TV cameras.
Mrs Nunes said: "It has taken us three years to build and taken us five years to set up to put on show. This is the first time we have had the whole thing complete.
You may also want to watch:
"We have about 1,000 sets and more than a million bricks. We are just passionate about Lego and about motorracing, so we have combined the two."
The inaugural show at Bressingham Steam Museum, near Diss, is the idea of Tom Hadfield, from Ipswich, who hopes it will become a regular event. "We have got some terrific things on show and people seem to be really enjoying it," he said.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 6 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- Bressingham Bricks continues at Bressingham Steam Museum on Sunday, June 16, 10.30am-5pm, bressingham.co.uk/events/bressingham-bricks