Bridge repair work set to close rural road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
A road in South Norfolk is set to be closed to traffic to allow repair work on a bridge.
Fen Road, near to the village of Hargate, will be shut on Friday, April 26 as work takes place to repair a damaged section of the parapet fence on Old Hall Bridge.
The £7,000 work, which is expected to only take one day to complete, requires the narrow road to be closed due to its width and the need to provide a safe area for workers.
While closed an alternative signed diversion route will be in opertaion via B1113 The Turnpike, B1077 Haugh Road, B1134 Heath Road, B1134 Long Row. In addition provision will be made to allow school buses to pass through the site in order to minimise disruption.
Pedestrian access across the bridge will still be allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Fen Road passes through woodland and runs alongside several small lakes and ponds.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 3 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 8 Hunt for man who chased girl and pulled knife on teenage boys
- 9 Mysterious boarded up cottage for sale for £200,000
- 10 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close