Bridge repair work set to close rural road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
A road in South Norfolk is set to be closed to traffic to allow repair work on a bridge.
Fen Road, near to the village of Hargate, will be shut on Friday, April 26 as work takes place to repair a damaged section of the parapet fence on Old Hall Bridge.
The £7,000 work, which is expected to only take one day to complete, requires the narrow road to be closed due to its width and the need to provide a safe area for workers.
While closed an alternative signed diversion route will be in opertaion via B1113 The Turnpike, B1077 Haugh Road, B1134 Heath Road, B1134 Long Row. In addition provision will be made to allow school buses to pass through the site in order to minimise disruption.
Pedestrian access across the bridge will still be allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Fen Road passes through woodland and runs alongside several small lakes and ponds.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 6 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 7 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 8 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget