Bridge repair work set to close rural road
- Credit: Adrian Cable
A road in South Norfolk is set to be closed to traffic to allow repair work on a bridge.
Fen Road, near to the village of Hargate, will be shut on Friday, April 26 as work takes place to repair a damaged section of the parapet fence on Old Hall Bridge.
The £7,000 work, which is expected to only take one day to complete, requires the narrow road to be closed due to its width and the need to provide a safe area for workers.
While closed an alternative signed diversion route will be in opertaion via B1113 The Turnpike, B1077 Haugh Road, B1134 Heath Road, B1134 Long Row. In addition provision will be made to allow school buses to pass through the site in order to minimise disruption.
Pedestrian access across the bridge will still be allowed.
You may also want to watch:
Fen Road passes through woodland and runs alongside several small lakes and ponds.
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 Mapped: How will the electoral changes impact you?
- 5 Airborne enemies to meet once more at summer airshow
- 6 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Six things to see when Norfolk's museums reopen on May 17
- 9 Lockdown to be eased: what else can I do from May 17?
- 10 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late