Budding Diss rock band takes first step
A four-piece rock band from the Diss area with an average age of 15 has completed its first album of original tracks. Walkaway's debut album was recorded at Purple studios in Norwich and paid for by a local businesswoman in the music industry.
A four-piece rock band from the Diss area with an average age of 15 has completed its first album of original tracks.
Walkaway's debut album was recorded at Purple studios in Norwich and paid for by a local businesswoman in the music industry.
She offered to sponsor the recording to help the boys pursue a career in music after hearing them play some of their own material at a local venue, and was also impressed by their live performance.
The quartet - brothers Chris and James Ready, Alex Rosedale and Jack Stevens - have since been approached by KL.FM 96.7 radio to do a 45min un-plugged session and interview on Sun November 23, and are being taken on by PR companies in this county and the UK.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the month they will be recording a single for release onto the internet in November.
Proud dad Michael Ready said: “The band seem to have an ever growing fan base playing most weeks, having done over 40 venues this year already and only having 12 free dates left for 2009, and also hoping to be able to perform in some of the festivals next summer.”
- 1 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
- 2 Phil and Jill still going strong after 74 years together
- 3 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 4 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 5 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Man denies arsons which caused £680k damage and killed 50 pigs
- 7 Lorry driver, 75, denies causing A140 motorist's death by careless driving
- 8 Village post office set to reopen after flooding damage
- 9 Funeral arrangements for Prince Philip confirmed
- 10 Pubs and shops open on Monday: what can I do when restrictions are eased?
He added that the boys work very hard and specialise in their live performances. Walkaway has a string of gigs lined up in the area in coming months, including Redgrave Cross Keys on October 25, Banham Community Centre, November 22 and the Park Hotel, Diss, November 28.
For more details visit the band's website at www.officialwalkway.com which had over 20,000 hits in the first two weeks of September.