Budding Diss rock band takes first step
A four-piece rock band from the Diss area with an average age of 15 has completed its first album of original tracks. Walkaway's debut album was recorded at Purple studios in Norwich and paid for by a local businesswoman in the music industry.
A four-piece rock band from the Diss area with an average age of 15 has completed its first album of original tracks.
Walkaway's debut album was recorded at Purple studios in Norwich and paid for by a local businesswoman in the music industry.
She offered to sponsor the recording to help the boys pursue a career in music after hearing them play some of their own material at a local venue, and was also impressed by their live performance.
The quartet - brothers Chris and James Ready, Alex Rosedale and Jack Stevens - have since been approached by KL.FM 96.7 radio to do a 45min un-plugged session and interview on Sun November 23, and are being taken on by PR companies in this county and the UK.
You may also want to watch:
At the end of the month they will be recording a single for release onto the internet in November.
Proud dad Michael Ready said: “The band seem to have an ever growing fan base playing most weeks, having done over 40 venues this year already and only having 12 free dates left for 2009, and also hoping to be able to perform in some of the festivals next summer.”
- 1 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 5 Appeal to find 27-year-old wanted on recall to prison
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 9 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission
He added that the boys work very hard and specialise in their live performances. Walkaway has a string of gigs lined up in the area in coming months, including Redgrave Cross Keys on October 25, Banham Community Centre, November 22 and the Park Hotel, Diss, November 28.
For more details visit the band's website at www.officialwalkway.com which had over 20,000 hits in the first two weeks of September.