Bikers roar into quiet Norfolk village for charity gathering
- Credit: Simon Parkin
The throaty roar of motorbikes again roared through the countryside to attend a charity gathering in a normally quiet South Norfolk village.
Bikers from across the region and further afield descended on Burtson, near Diss, for the third Beers, Bikes and Bands event on Sunday (May 5).
Heavy metal machinery from classic British Triumph and Norton to Harley Davidson and all bikes of all shapesd and sizes including choppers and trikes were on display at the Burston Crown pub, which once again hosted the rally.
The event attracted more than 500 bikes and 1,600 people. The Best Bike was judged to be John Ranson's Suzuki, while the winner of the Landladies choice was the Norton of Pip Gimmer.
The charity auction overseen by star auctioneer Adam Stokes, with lots including tickets to the superbikes at Snetterton, saw brisk bidding. All funds go to local mental health support work for young people from Diss and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised a grand total of £10,501 for Nature and Nurture the locally based organisation helping young children through life challenges.
Organiser Lou Hines said: "It's another fantastic turn out. We have seen people come from France, Brighton, Cambridge and London so word is really getting out there."
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 3 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 9 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse
- 10 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
"I am overwhelmed with the generosity of the people who gave their time, their money and their support in helping us raise this enormous amount of money for a cause so close to my heart."