Bikers roar into quiet Norfolk village for charity gathering
- Credit: Simon Parkin
The throaty roar of motorbikes again roared through the countryside to attend a charity gathering in a normally quiet South Norfolk village.
Bikers from across the region and further afield descended on Burtson, near Diss, for the third Beers, Bikes and Bands event on Sunday (May 5).
Heavy metal machinery from classic British Triumph and Norton to Harley Davidson and all bikes of all shapesd and sizes including choppers and trikes were on display at the Burston Crown pub, which once again hosted the rally.
The event attracted more than 500 bikes and 1,600 people. The Best Bike was judged to be John Ranson's Suzuki, while the winner of the Landladies choice was the Norton of Pip Gimmer.
The charity auction overseen by star auctioneer Adam Stokes, with lots including tickets to the superbikes at Snetterton, saw brisk bidding. All funds go to local mental health support work for young people from Diss and the surrounding area.
You may also want to watch:
The event raised a grand total of £10,501 for Nature and Nurture the locally based organisation helping young children through life challenges.
Organiser Lou Hines said: "It's another fantastic turn out. We have seen people come from France, Brighton, Cambridge and London so word is really getting out there."
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
"I am overwhelmed with the generosity of the people who gave their time, their money and their support in helping us raise this enormous amount of money for a cause so close to my heart."