Charity event to draw hundreds of bikers to Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
A charity day that attracts hundreds of bikers from across the region, raising thousands for charity is set to roar back for its third year at a Norfolk pub.
The Burston Crown, near Diss, will host Beers, Bikes and Bands on May 5. The bikers meet attracted more than 420 bikes and 1,200 people last year.
A big feature of the day is the charity auction, which in 2017 raised £5,200 and £7,200 in 2018. All funds go to local mental health support work for young people from Diss and the surrounding area.
Live music this year will feature Bury St Edmunds theatrical steam punk band Thy Last Drop supported by doom blues band Deathrattle and Queen Dogs, Red X, The Daze and Substation.
Organiser Lou Hines said: 'It is a brilliant day out for bikers and for lovers of great music and fun. Key to driving us in making this great day happen is the money it raises for a local kids in need of the type of support that sadly has been taken away from our community.'
For the first time the event will also be offering overnight camping in Burston with camping fees also going towards the charity fundraising.
To find out how you can become involved call Lou Hines on 07810 005362.
- 1 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 2 Woman accused of stealing £11k of printer ink across East Anglia
- 3 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 4 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 5 Man could stand trial after motorcyclist death in B1113 crash
- 6 Spanish street food business gets residency at Norfolk pub
- 7 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 8 Biogas plan in south Norfolk village leads to road safety fears
- 9 Disruptions likely after warnings of dense fog set to last two days
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products