Charity event to draw hundreds of bikers to Norfolk pub
- Credit: Archant
A charity day that attracts hundreds of bikers from across the region, raising thousands for charity is set to roar back for its third year at a Norfolk pub.
The Burston Crown, near Diss, will host Beers, Bikes and Bands on May 5. The bikers meet attracted more than 420 bikes and 1,200 people last year.
A big feature of the day is the charity auction, which in 2017 raised £5,200 and £7,200 in 2018. All funds go to local mental health support work for young people from Diss and the surrounding area.
Live music this year will feature Bury St Edmunds theatrical steam punk band Thy Last Drop supported by doom blues band Deathrattle and Queen Dogs, Red X, The Daze and Substation.
Organiser Lou Hines said: 'It is a brilliant day out for bikers and for lovers of great music and fun. Key to driving us in making this great day happen is the money it raises for a local kids in need of the type of support that sadly has been taken away from our community.'
You may also want to watch:
For the first time the event will also be offering overnight camping in Burston with camping fees also going towards the charity fundraising.
To find out how you can become involved call Lou Hines on 07810 005362.
- 1 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 4 Consultation launched on plans to merge primary and secondary schools
- 5 Heartbroken parents’ appeal over final 13 hours before son’s death
- 6 Mum and son,10, running 5k every week for homelessness charity
- 7 Town mayor officially welcomed in with civic ceremony
- 8 Tractor fire leads to barn blaze
- 9 Police stop 51 drivers in day of action
- 10 Special needs children miss school as parents face 'shambolic' transport