East of England Co-op opening new store in East Harling
- Credit: Google/EofE Coop
The East of England Co-op has announced it will be opening a new store in the village of East Harling.
The regional retailer have acquired the East Harling Village Store in Market Street and will be opening on Monday, November 1.
A temporary shop space will be created while the remainder of the shop is remodelled in time for Christmas.
This is not the first time the East Harling store will be run via a co-operative model, as it was once owned by the Thetford Co-operative society.
Roger Grosvenor, joint chief executive at the East of England Co-op, said: “We’re incredibly pleased to be bringing a member owned co-operative back to the village. We’ll be working hard over the coming weeks to deliver a store that the community can be proud of.”
As of Monday, November 1, the temporary store space will be open Monday to Saturday, 7.30am to 9pm, and Sunday, 8am to 8pm.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Approval granted for 69 new homes in Suffolk village
- 3 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village
- 4 Here's what we know so far about the new Covid variant
- 5 Haulage company turns recruitment corner after upping wages five times
- 6 'Key moment' for town centre as £800,000 improvements agreed
- 7 Mum's tribute to 'amazing' son amid mental health plea
- 8 Victim 'missed out' on childhood as a result of sexual abuse, court hears
- 9 Tribute paid to father-of-three who died near his home aged 36
- 10 Police investigate three cat shootings in Eye