Ready-to-plant 'gardens' for novices delivered to your door
- Credit: Supplied
A Norfolk firm is offering a new garden delivery service aimed at people who don't have green fingers.
With people ordering ready meals and ready-to-wear fashion in lockdown, bosses at Robin Tacchi Plants in Garboldisham dreamed up the idea of 'ready-to-go gardens.'
Style Your Garden aims to create the garden of your choice from your own Chelsea-esque flower show to a 'jungle' creation or even a 'cottage' or 'prairie' design. But you don't have to know much about gardening to achieve it.
Instead, all you have to do is answer a few simple questions and choose your design for the correct plants to be delivered with instructions on how to grow them.
The idea was inspired by lockdown resulting in 64pc of the UK population spending time gardening - even though many don't really know what they're doing.
Joe Tacchi, managing director of Robin Tacchi Plants, founded by his father, who works with his sister Ella, said: "Despite a renewed love for their outdoor space, most aspiring gardeners do not feel confident.
You may also want to watch:
"Many people feel that gardening skills have ‘skipped a generation’ so Ella and I decided to start Style My Garden, helping novice gardeners to get beautiful, thriving gardens."
The ready-made designs among many include: 'Prairie' garden, a 'combination of ornamental grasses and late-blooming perennials creating a naturalistic look,' Cottage Garden, 'a collection of colourful flowering plants to give an informal, romantic effect,' Wildlife Garden, with 'berry heavy shrubs and nectar-full perennials which provide an oasis for hedgehogs, birds and pollinators,' and Mediterranean Garden, 'a low maintenance selection that thrives in sunlight and emulates the feel of the Med.'
- 1 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 2 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 6 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 7 Charity shops see record sales and donations after reopening
- 8 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 9 Further walk-in vaccination clinics being held across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Designer clothes, shoes and accessories worth £12k stolen in break-in
Ella Tacchi, director, said: “For many years we have been lending our horticultural expertise to friends and family who want a beautiful, blooming garden but, like so many others, lack the growing knowledge and really don’t know where to start.“
“With more and more people deciding to improve their gardens during the recent pandemic, style-my-garden.co.uk is how we can offer this expertise on a wider scale, at a time when people need it the most.”