Busy South Norfolk road to be closed for resurfacing
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A busy road linking two South Norfolk market towns is to be closed on a Saturday while resurfacing work is carried out.
The B1077 will be shut to traffic in Old Buckenham on September 29 at the junction with Ragmere Road, which will also be closed, with motorists diverted on to alternative routes.
The £30,000 carriageway resurfacing work is expected to be completed on the single day and Saturday has been chosen to minimise disruption.
The B1077 is used as a local link road between Diss and Attleborough as well as being used by motorists heading to Banham Zoo.
The diversion route will include the B1077 Diss, A1066 Thetford, A11 Attleborough and B1077 Old Buckenham. However a local diversion will also be in place for Ragmere Road.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: 'We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing worn out road surface are carried out.'
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter