Busy South Norfolk road to be closed for resurfacing
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
A busy road linking two South Norfolk market towns is to be closed on a Saturday while resurfacing work is carried out.
The B1077 will be shut to traffic in Old Buckenham on September 29 at the junction with Ragmere Road, which will also be closed, with motorists diverted on to alternative routes.
The £30,000 carriageway resurfacing work is expected to be completed on the single day and Saturday has been chosen to minimise disruption.
The B1077 is used as a local link road between Diss and Attleborough as well as being used by motorists heading to Banham Zoo.
The diversion route will include the B1077 Diss, A1066 Thetford, A11 Attleborough and B1077 Old Buckenham. However a local diversion will also be in place for Ragmere Road.
You may also want to watch:
A Norfolk County Council spokesman said: 'We would like to thank people for their patience while these works to replace the existing worn out road surface are carried out.'
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu