Cancer fight provides inspiration for Diss mum
For businesswoman Kathy Last the recent Wear It Pink day to raise money for research into a cure for breast cancer had a special resonance.
The 45-year-old, who runs the Monsters children's play area in Diss, was herself diagnosed with the disease in June and is nearly halfway through a course of chemotherapy to combat the cancer.
She joined staff at Monsters who raised �100 by wearing pink clothes for the annual fundraiser on October 28.
The mum-of-three was inspired to participate in the fundraiser by the care and support she received from the cancer charity Big C in Norfolk and Waveney.
She added: 'It was particularly hard to deal with at first, but I have got a lot of family support. I am one of eight so I have had a lot of family support. Big C have been fabulous so there is a lot of support and I wanted to give something back.'
You may also want to watch:
She visited her doctor after discovering a lump in her breast while washing, which has since been removed and she has started a course of nine bouts of chemotherapy, of which she has five left which she is due to finish early next year.
'I just thinking getting checked is so important if you discover a lump. It is not something you should be frightened of doing,' Mrs Last added.
- 1 Sacked police officer admits child porn charges
- 2 Want to work on a supercar? Lotus is hiring 200 staff
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 5 Mental health boss cleared of lying during inquest
- 6 Zoo gets £100k to help crayfish
- 7 Are we on the verge of a post-Covid mental health crisis?
- 8 Ex-battery hens in need of free-range retirement homes
- 9 Teens aged 16-17 years old will be allowed vaccine before new school term
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
The children's play area has been running for over seven years in Hopper Way and provides a purpose built play and party area for children aged up to 10.
Mrs Last lives with her husband Greg, 43 and three children Harry, 15, George, 12 and William, nine.