Sewer pipe collapse may mean road closed until Monday
- Credit: Archant
A town street has been closed for emergency repairs to a collapsed sewer pipe.
Castle Street in Eye, near to the Suffolk and Norfolk border, was closed at around 8am this morning (Thursday, January 3).
Anglian Water are dealing with the issue.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: 'Our teams are working to fix a collapsed sewer pipe on Castle Street in Eye.
'We're using tankers to take used water away while the work is completed, which means all customers can use their toilets and other facilities as normal.
You may also want to watch:
'In order to complete the repairs safely a road closure is currently in place on Castle Road with a diversion route in place. The repair will be completed and the road reopened by January 7. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this causes, our teams will be working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.'
Check for road closures on our live traffic map.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 8 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village