Sewer pipe collapse may mean road closed until Monday
- Credit: Archant
A town street has been closed for emergency repairs to a collapsed sewer pipe.
Castle Street in Eye, near to the Suffolk and Norfolk border, was closed at around 8am this morning (Thursday, January 3).
Anglian Water are dealing with the issue.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: 'Our teams are working to fix a collapsed sewer pipe on Castle Street in Eye.
'We're using tankers to take used water away while the work is completed, which means all customers can use their toilets and other facilities as normal.
You may also want to watch:
'In order to complete the repairs safely a road closure is currently in place on Castle Road with a diversion route in place. The repair will be completed and the road reopened by January 7. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this causes, our teams will be working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.'
Check for road closures on our live traffic map.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 5 Train troubles in Norfolk after lorry hits overhead cables
- 6 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 7 Contactless card payment limit increased to £100
- 8 Four weekends of road closures in Diss due to resurfacing work
- 9 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
- 10 Norfolk RAF hero who lost both legs wins national awards