Sewer pipe collapse may mean road closed until Monday
- Credit: Archant
A town street has been closed for emergency repairs to a collapsed sewer pipe.
Castle Street in Eye, near to the Suffolk and Norfolk border, was closed at around 8am this morning (Thursday, January 3).
Anglian Water are dealing with the issue.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: 'Our teams are working to fix a collapsed sewer pipe on Castle Street in Eye.
'We're using tankers to take used water away while the work is completed, which means all customers can use their toilets and other facilities as normal.
You may also want to watch:
'In order to complete the repairs safely a road closure is currently in place on Castle Road with a diversion route in place. The repair will be completed and the road reopened by January 7. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this causes, our teams will be working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.'
Check for road closures on our live traffic map.
- 1 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 8 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk