Sewer pipe collapse may mean road closed until Monday
- Credit: Archant
A town street has been closed for emergency repairs to a collapsed sewer pipe.
Castle Street in Eye, near to the Suffolk and Norfolk border, was closed at around 8am this morning (Thursday, January 3).
Anglian Water are dealing with the issue.
An Anglian Water spokesperson said: 'Our teams are working to fix a collapsed sewer pipe on Castle Street in Eye.
'We're using tankers to take used water away while the work is completed, which means all customers can use their toilets and other facilities as normal.
'In order to complete the repairs safely a road closure is currently in place on Castle Road with a diversion route in place. The repair will be completed and the road reopened by January 7. We're really sorry for any inconvenience this causes, our teams will be working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible.'
Check for road closures on our live traffic map.
- 1 Meet the TikTok stylist helping people discover their body shapes
- 2 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 3 7 Norfolk food and drink businesses expanding in 2022
- 4 Six fire crews tackle house blaze near Diss
- 5 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 6 Fuel spillage and crash caused delays along A140
- 7 Man who may pose risk to children could be in Norfolk or Suffolk
- 8 Fare dodgers and fraudsters pay £4m to Greater Anglia in 2021
- 9 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 10 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?