Charity looks for volunteers
A local charity is looking for volunteers to befriend parents with young children. Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk is a voluntary organisation offering friendship and support to families with children under five years of age.
A local charity is looking for volunteers to befriend parents with young children.
Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk is a voluntary organisation offering friendship and support to families with children under five years of age. And it is looking to extend its service to those in the Diss, Harleston, Loddon and Long Stratton areas.
The volunteers, who must be parents themselves, visit families in their own homes and provide emotional and practical support. The service is available to all families, but is particularly useful to mothers experiencing loneliness, post-natal depression or multiple births.
Potential volunteers need to be able to spare at least two hours a week on a regular basis and, although the work is unpaid, travel expenses will be met.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Stitson, coordinator of Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk said: 'Home-Start volunteers are from all walks of life but what they do share is a willingness to help other parents at a difficult time. A little help at the right time can make a big difference to families' lives. It will certainly change the volunteers', many say they enjoy meeting and making new friends.'
A free preparation course for new volunteers is starting in March in the local area. Once volunteers have completed the course they are carefully matched to a family. Some families may only need visits for a few weeks while others may benefit from ongoing support.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 2 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 3 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 4 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 8 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 9 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 10 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
For more information on becoming a volunteer call 01842 765206 or email email@example.com