Charity looks for volunteers
A local charity is looking for volunteers to befriend parents with young children. Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk is a voluntary organisation offering friendship and support to families with children under five years of age.
A local charity is looking for volunteers to befriend parents with young children.
Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk is a voluntary organisation offering friendship and support to families with children under five years of age. And it is looking to extend its service to those in the Diss, Harleston, Loddon and Long Stratton areas.
The volunteers, who must be parents themselves, visit families in their own homes and provide emotional and practical support. The service is available to all families, but is particularly useful to mothers experiencing loneliness, post-natal depression or multiple births.
Potential volunteers need to be able to spare at least two hours a week on a regular basis and, although the work is unpaid, travel expenses will be met.
You may also want to watch:
Emma Stitson, coordinator of Home-Start Breckland and South Norfolk said: 'Home-Start volunteers are from all walks of life but what they do share is a willingness to help other parents at a difficult time. A little help at the right time can make a big difference to families' lives. It will certainly change the volunteers', many say they enjoy meeting and making new friends.'
A free preparation course for new volunteers is starting in March in the local area. Once volunteers have completed the course they are carefully matched to a family. Some families may only need visits for a few weeks while others may benefit from ongoing support.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 6 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
For more information on becoming a volunteer call 01842 765206 or email email@example.com