Choirs raise vital funds for Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Credit: Archant
Choirs across Norfolk and Suffolk have raised vital funds to the tune of £1,600 for charity through their concerts.
The money was raised in concerts by the VivaVoices community choirs in Wymondham, Newmarket, Bury St Edmunds and Stowmarket in July and August, singing a mix of songs from across the decades.
The money was raised for Guide Dogs for the Blind.
'With almost two million people in the UK living with sight loss, I'm
delighted that my choirs raised such an amazing amount for Guide Dogs,' said choir leader and local musician Graeme Hopson.
'I'm always touched by the generosity and support of our choir members and their friends and families.'
VivaVoices meets on Wednesdays between 7.30pm and 9pm at Fairland United Reformed Church, Wymondham.
- 1 'Metal monstrosities' - Opposition to new East Anglia power line grows
- 2 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 3 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 4 WATCH: Inside ex-Aviva office being bought for millions by councils
- 5 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 6 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 7 Obituary: Man behind Norfolk's life-after-death experiment dies aged 78
- 8 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 9 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 10 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
Rehearsals start on September 20 and new members are welcome.
Call 01284 700286 or visit www.vivavoices.com for more information.