Christmas Day power cut in Diss
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.
An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
Power supplier EDF Energy networks said power was restored to the vast majority of customers within 90 minutes, and that they were working to restore power to the remaining 313 people yesterday afternoon .
Alexander McLeod, 83, from Fieldhouse Gardens in Diss, said his power had been off for an hour-and-a-half this morning .
He said: 'I suffer from blood clots and this morning I could not get my gas fire on.
'It has caused a big inconvenience with it being Christmas Day.'
- 1 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 Readers reveal top 10 fish and chips - but the battle is on for top spot
- 4 Norfolk MP's concern over new line of pylons
- 5 Electric aircraft to take to the skies over Norfolk
- 6 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 7 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 8 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 9 Campaigners write to government over pylons plan
- 10 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
A spokesman for EDF said: 'We do understand how difficult it is for our customers being without electricity, particularly at this time of year, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.'