Christmas Day power cut in Diss
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.
An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
Power supplier EDF Energy networks said power was restored to the vast majority of customers within 90 minutes, and that they were working to restore power to the remaining 313 people yesterday afternoon .
Alexander McLeod, 83, from Fieldhouse Gardens in Diss, said his power had been off for an hour-and-a-half this morning .
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I suffer from blood clots and this morning I could not get my gas fire on.
'It has caused a big inconvenience with it being Christmas Day.'
- 1 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 2 Victorian rectory in 5.5 acres for sale for £1.35m
- 3 No Norfolk Covid-19 deaths recorded for first week since September
- 4 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 5 Candidate says 7,000 rejected ballots shows PCC voting system flawed
- 6 'Honour of my life' - Former crime commissioner reflects on time in role
- 7 Turner Prize winner Sir Tony Cragg exhibition opens at Houghton Hall
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Search for Norfolk neighbours to take on Suffolk in food waste fight
- 10 Bomber squadron museum release unseen war era photos
A spokesman for EDF said: 'We do understand how difficult it is for our customers being without electricity, particularly at this time of year, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.'