Christmas Day power cut in Diss
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.
An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
Power supplier EDF Energy networks said power was restored to the vast majority of customers within 90 minutes, and that they were working to restore power to the remaining 313 people yesterday afternoon .
Alexander McLeod, 83, from Fieldhouse Gardens in Diss, said his power had been off for an hour-and-a-half this morning .
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I suffer from blood clots and this morning I could not get my gas fire on.
'It has caused a big inconvenience with it being Christmas Day.'
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 PlayStation, iPad and pottery classes bought with NHS budget
- 6 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
A spokesman for EDF said: 'We do understand how difficult it is for our customers being without electricity, particularly at this time of year, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.'