Christmas Day power cut in Diss
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.
An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
Power supplier EDF Energy networks said power was restored to the vast majority of customers within 90 minutes, and that they were working to restore power to the remaining 313 people yesterday afternoon .
Alexander McLeod, 83, from Fieldhouse Gardens in Diss, said his power had been off for an hour-and-a-half this morning .
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I suffer from blood clots and this morning I could not get my gas fire on.
'It has caused a big inconvenience with it being Christmas Day.'
- 1 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 2 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 5 Primary and secondary schools join forces under new leadership
- 6 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 7 New Covid variants may require jabs for children, UEA experts warn
- 8 All you need to know ahead of the Old Buckenham Airshow 2021
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
A spokesman for EDF said: 'We do understand how difficult it is for our customers being without electricity, particularly at this time of year, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.'