Christmas Day power cut in Diss
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
More than 2,000 people in the Diss area were left without power on Christmas Day.
An underground fault caused power to be interrupted to 2,369 customers just after 11am yesterday morning .
Power supplier EDF Energy networks said power was restored to the vast majority of customers within 90 minutes, and that they were working to restore power to the remaining 313 people yesterday afternoon .
Alexander McLeod, 83, from Fieldhouse Gardens in Diss, said his power had been off for an hour-and-a-half this morning .
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'I suffer from blood clots and this morning I could not get my gas fire on.
'It has caused a big inconvenience with it being Christmas Day.'
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
A spokesman for EDF said: 'We do understand how difficult it is for our customers being without electricity, particularly at this time of year, and would like to apologise for the inconvenience.'