Church Street in Diss to close after double yellow line removal damages road
- Credit: Archant
People travelling through Diss town centre will be delayed as Church Street is to close after the road was damaged by recent work.
The road was damaged after the removal of double yellow lines from the Heritage Triangle to coincide with the town's new parking zone.
The street will close overnight as work is completed to resurface it.
High-powered line removal jets were used in this process but minor damage was caused close to the kerb. To avoid future maintenance the road is being resurfaced.
It will be closed between 7pm-7am on Monday, November 13 and Tuesday, November 14, to vehicles and pedestrians with vehicle diversion routes in place via Mount Street and Uplands Way.
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost approximately £6,000 and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 3 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 4 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 5 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 6 National Living Wage workers to receive pay rise next year
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 10 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000