Church Street in Diss to close after double yellow line removal damages road
- Credit: Archant
People travelling through Diss town centre will be delayed as Church Street is to close after the road was damaged by recent work.
The road was damaged after the removal of double yellow lines from the Heritage Triangle to coincide with the town's new parking zone.
The street will close overnight as work is completed to resurface it.
High-powered line removal jets were used in this process but minor damage was caused close to the kerb. To avoid future maintenance the road is being resurfaced.
It will be closed between 7pm-7am on Monday, November 13 and Tuesday, November 14, to vehicles and pedestrians with vehicle diversion routes in place via Mount Street and Uplands Way.
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost approximately £6,000 and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department.
- 1 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 2 'No guarantee' - doctor urges HPV vaccinated women to attend screenings
- 3 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 How will exam grades and primary school tests work this summer?
- 6 Cash For Charities: Win a share of £20,000 for your favourite good cause
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 What we know about Prince Philip's funeral at Windsor
- 9 Water safety campaign launched ahead of summer of staycations
- 10 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave