Church Street in Diss to close after double yellow line removal damages road
- Credit: Archant
People travelling through Diss town centre will be delayed as Church Street is to close after the road was damaged by recent work.
The road was damaged after the removal of double yellow lines from the Heritage Triangle to coincide with the town's new parking zone.
The street will close overnight as work is completed to resurface it.
High-powered line removal jets were used in this process but minor damage was caused close to the kerb. To avoid future maintenance the road is being resurfaced.
It will be closed between 7pm-7am on Monday, November 13 and Tuesday, November 14, to vehicles and pedestrians with vehicle diversion routes in place via Mount Street and Uplands Way.
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost approximately £6,000 and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department.
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 7 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 9 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs
- 10 'We're very anxious at the moment': Co-Op staff on public abuse