Church Street in Diss to close after double yellow line removal damages road
- Credit: Archant
People travelling through Diss town centre will be delayed as Church Street is to close after the road was damaged by recent work.
The road was damaged after the removal of double yellow lines from the Heritage Triangle to coincide with the town's new parking zone.
The street will close overnight as work is completed to resurface it.
High-powered line removal jets were used in this process but minor damage was caused close to the kerb. To avoid future maintenance the road is being resurfaced.
It will be closed between 7pm-7am on Monday, November 13 and Tuesday, November 14, to vehicles and pedestrians with vehicle diversion routes in place via Mount Street and Uplands Way.
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost approximately £6,000 and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department.
- 1 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 4 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 How to upcycle your home during lockdown
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour