Church Street in Diss to close after double yellow line removal damages road
- Credit: Archant
People travelling through Diss town centre will be delayed as Church Street is to close after the road was damaged by recent work.
The road was damaged after the removal of double yellow lines from the Heritage Triangle to coincide with the town's new parking zone.
The street will close overnight as work is completed to resurface it.
High-powered line removal jets were used in this process but minor damage was caused close to the kerb. To avoid future maintenance the road is being resurfaced.
It will be closed between 7pm-7am on Monday, November 13 and Tuesday, November 14, to vehicles and pedestrians with vehicle diversion routes in place via Mount Street and Uplands Way.
You may also want to watch:
The work will cost approximately £6,000 and is being carried out by Norfolk County Council's Community and Environmental Services Department.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'