Classic jazz hits to be played in Diss Corn Hall tribute show
- Credit: Archant
Fans of jazz are invited to reminisce with the music of the greats, thanks to the first UK-wide live tour featuring a number of classic hits.
Cry Me a River - The Fitzgerald/Holiday and Armstrong Songbook, which features hits from Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, will appear at the Corn Hall, Diss on Saturday, May 20.
The event features professional singer and performer Scarlet Black, who will be joined by a live jazz band and a male vocalist.
Hailing from East Anglia, Scarlet Black started performing with Eastern Edge Cabaret in 2015 and from there has gone on to perform at many events, bringing to the stage her unique and mesmerising jazz and torchlight performances.
Paul Irving, managing director at Strictly Theatre Company – which is producing Cry Me a River – said: 'The music of Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald is timeless and loved by every generation.
You may also want to watch:
'And thanks to Scarlet's superb singing and her band, fans will see their favourite songs brought to life yet again.
'This is a fantastic opportunity to hear these classics at what promises to be a memorable evening.'
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 UEA expert: Covid isolation 'will still be needed in a year's time'
- 4 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 9 Opinion: Simple planning could help save money on Inheritance Tax
- 10 Diss war hero reaches final 10 in Brave Briton Awards
The classic American jazz song book will include hits such as Summertime, As Time Goes By, My Funny Valentine and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from www.thecornhall.co.uk/shows/cry-me-a-river/