Classic jazz hits to be played in Diss Corn Hall tribute show
- Credit: Archant
Fans of jazz are invited to reminisce with the music of the greats, thanks to the first UK-wide live tour featuring a number of classic hits.
Cry Me a River - The Fitzgerald/Holiday and Armstrong Songbook, which features hits from Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong, will appear at the Corn Hall, Diss on Saturday, May 20.
The event features professional singer and performer Scarlet Black, who will be joined by a live jazz band and a male vocalist.
Hailing from East Anglia, Scarlet Black started performing with Eastern Edge Cabaret in 2015 and from there has gone on to perform at many events, bringing to the stage her unique and mesmerising jazz and torchlight performances.
Paul Irving, managing director at Strictly Theatre Company – which is producing Cry Me a River – said: 'The music of Billie Holiday, Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald is timeless and loved by every generation.
You may also want to watch:
'And thanks to Scarlet's superb singing and her band, fans will see their favourite songs brought to life yet again.
'This is a fantastic opportunity to hear these classics at what promises to be a memorable evening.'
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 3 Funeral directors flooded again as village hit by downpour
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 24/7 Covid vaccinations promised as 'soon as possible'
- 6 Town's Estate Agent offers to print school work for children during lockdown
- 7 The areas of Norfolk where Covid cases are now falling
- 8 Weather warning issued for icy surfaces
- 9 'Don't mix, shop online' - People urged to go beyond lockdown rules
- 10 Revealed: 13 new large vaccination sites to open in Norfolk and Waveney
The classic American jazz song book will include hits such as Summertime, As Time Goes By, My Funny Valentine and Someone to Watch Over Me.
Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from www.thecornhall.co.uk/shows/cry-me-a-river/