Collectable coins stolen after burglars smash into property
- Credit: Suffolk Police
Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary in which thieves stole collectable coins.
The break-in occurred between 7.30am and 6.40pm on Wednesday 23 January at a property at Victoria Hill in Eye.
Offenders forced entry by smashing a window and once inside, an untidy search was carried out and a number of collectable coins were stolen.
The coins were from the Millionaires Collection Gold Edition, collectable coin sets that comprising different modern replicas of rare and iconic coins from the British series struck in silver.
Furniture at the property was also damaged during the burglary.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity or heard anything during the evening should contact Suffolk police on 101, quoting crime reference 37/4558/19.
Alternatively, contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 5 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 Huge fire in scrapyard sees 11 fire engines descend on village
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 All shops to charge 10p for plastic bags from May 21