Could you help organise Diss Carnival?
- Credit: Archant
It's the biggest community day of the year, when thousands line the streets, but Diss Carnival is also run by a dedicated team of volunteers.
Diss Carnival has a long history with townsfolk dressing up for fun and charity as far back as the 1960s. After falling out of favour the summer procession was brought back to the town in 2008.
And over the last three years, the annual carnival has re-established its place as the biggest event on the town's calendar - a fun and free day out for all the family.
Now to help maintain its success the committee, made up of volunteers who meet once a month, is looking for new members to help start planning for the 2020 summer fun.
A spokesman said: "The carnival committee is relatively small and in order to maintain our success, we are looking to expand and recruit new members to join us.
You may also want to watch:
"In particular, we are looking for people who have good admin skills to assist with the application forms, good communicators who are happy to source sponsorship, liaise with local businesses and fabulous organisers who are happy to assist in areas; such as road closures, steward management, stall layout and everything else between!"
Anyone interested in being part of organising this fantastic community event contact firstname.lastname@example.org or message Facebook @DissCarnival
- 1 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 7 things every child in Norfolk should do before they are five
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu