Could you help organise Diss Carnival?
- Credit: Archant
It's the biggest community day of the year, when thousands line the streets, but Diss Carnival is also run by a dedicated team of volunteers.
Diss Carnival has a long history with townsfolk dressing up for fun and charity as far back as the 1960s. After falling out of favour the summer procession was brought back to the town in 2008.
And over the last three years, the annual carnival has re-established its place as the biggest event on the town's calendar - a fun and free day out for all the family.
Now to help maintain its success the committee, made up of volunteers who meet once a month, is looking for new members to help start planning for the 2020 summer fun.
A spokesman said: "The carnival committee is relatively small and in order to maintain our success, we are looking to expand and recruit new members to join us.
You may also want to watch:
"In particular, we are looking for people who have good admin skills to assist with the application forms, good communicators who are happy to source sponsorship, liaise with local businesses and fabulous organisers who are happy to assist in areas; such as road closures, steward management, stall layout and everything else between!"
Anyone interested in being part of organising this fantastic community event contact email@example.com or message Facebook @DissCarnival
- 1 Norfolk teacher in national campaign for switching careers
- 2 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 3 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 4 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods
- 5 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 6 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 7 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 10 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter