Council offers free parking in Diss and Wymondham on December 17
Free parking is being offered in two south Norfolk market towns to help boost trade in the run-up to Christmas.
South Norfolk Council will not be charging visitors to park in Diss and Wymondham on December 17.
Participating car parks in Diss can be found in Park Road, Chapel Street, Church Street, Weavers Court, Mount Street and Shelfanger Road.
In Wymondham, free spaces can be found in Back Lane, Town Green and Market Street, however the car park at the Central Hall is privately owned.
District councillor Keith Kiddie said: 'Once again we are supporting our market towns in the run up to this very busy and important time of trading.
You may also want to watch:
'It is also part of our much wider campaign of support, which includes promoting all the entertainment being planning by our markets towns through our Festive Fusion brochure.
'We would urge local people and visitors to respond by going into our towns in numbers and making this Christmas a very happy one for our superb retailers.'
- 1 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 2 'It seems to be a new normal' - 'Pingdemic' forces barbers to close
- 3 Midwich sees profits leap 29pc in first half of 2021
- 4 Ron and Norma share their secret to 60 years of marriage
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 7 Pregnancy, testing and natural immunity - your Covid jab concerns answered
- 8 Tributes paid to farmer and WW2 museum curator
- 9 Record numbers in Norfolk ‘pinged’ to isolate by NHS Covid app
- 10 Villagers gather for unveiling of play area after £45k fundraiser