Council offers free parking in Diss and Wymondham on December 17
Free parking is being offered in two south Norfolk market towns to help boost trade in the run-up to Christmas.
South Norfolk Council will not be charging visitors to park in Diss and Wymondham on December 17.
Participating car parks in Diss can be found in Park Road, Chapel Street, Church Street, Weavers Court, Mount Street and Shelfanger Road.
In Wymondham, free spaces can be found in Back Lane, Town Green and Market Street, however the car park at the Central Hall is privately owned.
District councillor Keith Kiddie said: 'Once again we are supporting our market towns in the run up to this very busy and important time of trading.
You may also want to watch:
'It is also part of our much wider campaign of support, which includes promoting all the entertainment being planning by our markets towns through our Festive Fusion brochure.
'We would urge local people and visitors to respond by going into our towns in numbers and making this Christmas a very happy one for our superb retailers.'
- 1 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 2 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 3 Woman who sold stolen goods on eBay researched shoplifting online
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Firefighters tackle Yaxley workshop blaze
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 More than £4,000 raised after father-of-six has leg amputated
- 9 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 10 'Power of the high vis jacket' - Out with town's Covid watchdogs