Council offers free parking in Diss and Wymondham on December 17
Free parking is being offered in two south Norfolk market towns to help boost trade in the run-up to Christmas.
South Norfolk Council will not be charging visitors to park in Diss and Wymondham on December 17.
Participating car parks in Diss can be found in Park Road, Chapel Street, Church Street, Weavers Court, Mount Street and Shelfanger Road.
In Wymondham, free spaces can be found in Back Lane, Town Green and Market Street, however the car park at the Central Hall is privately owned.
District councillor Keith Kiddie said: 'Once again we are supporting our market towns in the run up to this very busy and important time of trading.
You may also want to watch:
'It is also part of our much wider campaign of support, which includes promoting all the entertainment being planning by our markets towns through our Festive Fusion brochure.
'We would urge local people and visitors to respond by going into our towns in numbers and making this Christmas a very happy one for our superb retailers.'
- 1 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 2 Calls for ban on development around town's beauty spot
- 3 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 6 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 7 New EAAA contract covers 24/7 flying and advanced helicopters
- 8 Norfolk Indian Society's Covid crisis appeal
- 9 Miniature Donkeys for Wellbeing urge people to get moving this summer
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days