Council steps up help for business
A council is launching a campaign to offer advice and skills to hard-pressed businesses struggling in the downturn.The Fit for Business campaign has been launched by South Norfolk Council to forge a new partnership between local government and local businesses as fears over the coming recession intensify.
A council is launching a campaign to offer advice and skills to hard-pressed businesses struggling in the downturn.
The Fit for Business campaign has been launched by South Norfolk Council to forge a new partnership between local government and local businesses as fears over the coming recession intensify.
Council leader John Fuller said his administration had spent the last 18 months making the council more business-like and efficient. He said: “It's now time we stepped out of the background and moved towards business.
“The Fit for Business launch is this first step and business leaders who attend will in future have the contacts they need and the confidence of having met us, to be able to pick up the phone and talk.
You may also want to watch:
“We may not be able to fix every issue for them, but what we have is the knowledge to guide them through the maze of local government rules and relationships, and hopefully to a solution.”
Launched on December 1 at Dunston Hall, near Norwich, businesses can meet leaders and key figures from 5.30pm.
- 1 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 2 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Explore the streets of this historic Norfolk market town in the 1970s
- 5 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
- 6 Motorcyclist in hospital after crash on A140
- 7 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 8 9 of the best places to see fireworks in Norfolk in 2021
- 9 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 10 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
Mr Fuller added: “This is a campaign to forge new networks and I would urge businesses to grab it with both hands. There's never been a more important time to get the district's movers and shakers into one room and talking.”
Businesses who would like to attend should call 01508 533666 or email email@example.com