Crews tackle spate of field fires
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
One of the largest blazes resulted in six appliances attending a field fire at Shelfhanger, near Diss, this afternoon.
Firefighters from Diss, Attleborough, East Harling, Long Stratton and Harleston, attended the incident at about 1.50pm which involved three acres of cut and standing crop off Winfarthing Road.
You may also want to watch:
Crews had the field fire surrounded 30 minutes later and had it extinguished by 2.30pm.
Firefighters from Wymondham, Diss, Dereham, and Thetford, were also called to standing crops on fire off Whitings Lane, Rocklands, near Attleborough at 2.20pm.
- 1 Steam trains to run at night with illuminations this Christmas
- 2 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 Police chief urges people to be sensible this Halloween
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 Pumpkin patch with street food and children's games to open
- 7 New project launched to restore south Norfolk countryside
- 8 CCTV image released after man in his 70s suffers life changing injuries
- 9 Unique 'time warp' 1970s farmhouse goes on sale for £795,000
- 10 Arrest in Diss after police carry out drug warrants
There were also grass fires in the Common, Fincham, near Downham Market, Watton Road, in Hingham, and Meeting Hill Lane, Briggate, near Stalham.
A crew from Thetford was also deployed to a fence fire near the White Hart pub in Roydon, near Diss, this afternoon.