Crews tackle spate of field fires
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
One of the largest blazes resulted in six appliances attending a field fire at Shelfhanger, near Diss, this afternoon.
Firefighters from Diss, Attleborough, East Harling, Long Stratton and Harleston, attended the incident at about 1.50pm which involved three acres of cut and standing crop off Winfarthing Road.
Crews had the field fire surrounded 30 minutes later and had it extinguished by 2.30pm.
Firefighters from Wymondham, Diss, Dereham, and Thetford, were also called to standing crops on fire off Whitings Lane, Rocklands, near Attleborough at 2.20pm.
- 1 As seen on TV: The Norfolk guest house with a spa...in a bank vault!
- 2 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 3 Road cleared after severe delays in Diss following vehicle breakdown
- 4 Street food, live music and fireworks planned for Diss Jubilee celebrations
- 5 How the proposed energy price cap changes could affect your bills
- 6 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 7 Rare 19th century painting discovered in Norfolk home could fetch £50k
- 8 Man admits arsons which killed 50 pigs and caused £680k of damage
- 9 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 10 The 4 most wanted men in Norfolk
There were also grass fires in the Common, Fincham, near Downham Market, Watton Road, in Hingham, and Meeting Hill Lane, Briggate, near Stalham.
A crew from Thetford was also deployed to a fence fire near the White Hart pub in Roydon, near Diss, this afternoon.