Crews tackle spate of field fires
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
One of the largest blazes resulted in six appliances attending a field fire at Shelfhanger, near Diss, this afternoon.
Firefighters from Diss, Attleborough, East Harling, Long Stratton and Harleston, attended the incident at about 1.50pm which involved three acres of cut and standing crop off Winfarthing Road.
You may also want to watch:
Crews had the field fire surrounded 30 minutes later and had it extinguished by 2.30pm.
Firefighters from Wymondham, Diss, Dereham, and Thetford, were also called to standing crops on fire off Whitings Lane, Rocklands, near Attleborough at 2.20pm.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Former children's shoe fitter feels 'very special' on turning 100
- 3 Charity worker stole £12k from man, 90, and bought a shed
- 4 80 foot 'golf ball' radar tower rejected for Norfolk village
- 5 18 people miss Covid vaccines after centre opens late
- 6 Norfolk and Suffolk elections 2021: Election day guide
- 7 What a difference a year makes: Norfolk braced for yet more rainfall
- 8 'Don't suffer in silence' - Debt expert fears post-Covid crisis
- 9 50,000 more Covid jabs given out - but pace slows in region
- 10 Norfolk Covid cases slightly up but below national averages
There were also grass fires in the Common, Fincham, near Downham Market, Watton Road, in Hingham, and Meeting Hill Lane, Briggate, near Stalham.
A crew from Thetford was also deployed to a fence fire near the White Hart pub in Roydon, near Diss, this afternoon.