Crews tackle spate of field fires
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
One of the largest blazes resulted in six appliances attending a field fire at Shelfhanger, near Diss, this afternoon.
Firefighters from Diss, Attleborough, East Harling, Long Stratton and Harleston, attended the incident at about 1.50pm which involved three acres of cut and standing crop off Winfarthing Road.
You may also want to watch:
Crews had the field fire surrounded 30 minutes later and had it extinguished by 2.30pm.
Firefighters from Wymondham, Diss, Dereham, and Thetford, were also called to standing crops on fire off Whitings Lane, Rocklands, near Attleborough at 2.20pm.
- 1 13 fire crews battle blaze at 'beautiful thatched house'
- 2 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 3 Family 'devastated' after thatched cottage badly damaged in fire
- 4 Severe damage caused to thatched cottage after blaze
- 5 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 6 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 7 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Spotlight on South Norfolk
- 8 Cash For Charites: Last call to apply for £20,000
- 9 New head unveiled at high school with 'so much potential'
- 10 Teams to take on 375-mile walking challenge for Norfolk charities
There were also grass fires in the Common, Fincham, near Downham Market, Watton Road, in Hingham, and Meeting Hill Lane, Briggate, near Stalham.
A crew from Thetford was also deployed to a fence fire near the White Hart pub in Roydon, near Diss, this afternoon.