Crews tackle spate of field fires
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
Firefighters across Norfolk have been left stretched to the limit after being called to a series of field and grass fires this afternoon.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service received call outs to seven incidents within the last four hours across the county.
One of the largest blazes resulted in six appliances attending a field fire at Shelfhanger, near Diss, this afternoon.
Firefighters from Diss, Attleborough, East Harling, Long Stratton and Harleston, attended the incident at about 1.50pm which involved three acres of cut and standing crop off Winfarthing Road.
You may also want to watch:
Crews had the field fire surrounded 30 minutes later and had it extinguished by 2.30pm.
Firefighters from Wymondham, Diss, Dereham, and Thetford, were also called to standing crops on fire off Whitings Lane, Rocklands, near Attleborough at 2.20pm.
- 1 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 2 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Covid app changes mean fewer people will be 'pinged'
- 5 Norfolk care home leads fight against loneliness
- 6 999 callers told 'don't ring back to see when your ambulance will arrive'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
There were also grass fires in the Common, Fincham, near Downham Market, Watton Road, in Hingham, and Meeting Hill Lane, Briggate, near Stalham.
A crew from Thetford was also deployed to a fence fire near the White Hart pub in Roydon, near Diss, this afternoon.